GTD for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a better attitude with all the feedback I have received, thanks very much, brings tears to my eyes. I will postpone painting the coffen in essex wire colors for now.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I will postpone painting the coffen in essex wire colors for now.

Dennis,

I know we don't know each other, but I have to tell you that would be awesome. Far too many people take life too seriously. I find that a little sad because we're not gonna make it out alive. I commend you on your attitude and must say that'd be a fantastic way to go out in style.

I've lost family to cancer as well as other things. Either way it sucks. You never know what life has in store for you as well. A colleague of mine found out last night that his younger brother collapsed and died yesterday afternoon. He was 35.

Be thankful for every moment and if you've found your passion (the car, the wife or kids, outdoors, indoors, beer, food, whatever...), wring it out for all it's worth. Live your life on purpose.

Best wishes,

Dennis,

Friend of mine stumbled across your post and asked if this car was my old GTD GT40. Sorry to hear of your illness but glad to see you are keeping the GT40 for now as I know it was your life long dream to have one. I sold the Kirkham FIA, then had a 1966 GT350R Replica and now a new 2007 GT500 Shelby. I had 48 IDA Webers on the 347 stroker (430HP) that was in the GT350R. Had 60s in the idle jets, 120 mids and 135 mains and was dialed in pretty well on the street.

History that I know of on the GTD GT40 was; I purchased the car from Snakeyes (Bob Brosensky) in San Antonio, Texas and he purchased it from Cal Metal in 2003 who got it from the Weavers. Supposely was one of two show cars they had built when they were selling GTD GT40s. Guess you could ask them. It was an awesome car and the only reason I sold it was I wanted a Kirkham FIA and Dennis had one for sale....so we made a deal in 2005..........

God's speed my friend!

Last edited:
Dennis,

Its been a while since your last post and update. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Have you made any progress putting the Webers back on your car? Hope the winter weather is not being too awful on preventing you from working on your car. I get really bummed with this cold weather lately. More snow this winter since we have moved here in the last 11 years!

My situation is about the same. From an overall standpoint, I am lucky to have at least one or two good days out of the week. It will be nice when I can start to put back some of the 60+ pounds I lost during my operation and recovery period. With it being so cold outside, I get chilled, and it is hard for me to get motivated to work on cars when its 35 degrees outside. How about you?

Thinking about you out here in Oregon........,

the cold also bothers me now, can't even go hunting, and I'm an avid hunter, big game in Africa 3 months befor getting sick. As for my car, My mechanic has the new webers and ordering BRM's asap. It should be back on the road spring time. 4 years ago I lived on the ocean in s florida and car weather was perfect!!!!! except for the ocassional rain 3 or 4 times a day.

Yes, If someone has to have my gtd, I would sell it, otherwise I will hopefully enjoy it this spring.

Dennis,

Good to hear you are making progress on your car. Was not aware your were changing to BRMs.....that should make your car awsome looking!!!! Are you going with polished outers and black centers? That combination would really look good on your car I think anyway.

Do you have snow where you are at? Not sure what the weather in Rochester is doing.

Weather here is warming up. The sun even came out this afternoon. I think it got up to 45 degrees. Almost seemed like summer. If it doesn't rain tomarrow, I will be able to get up on the roof and clean my chimney....and then install our new pellet stove (taking out our woodstove). I just cannot cut firewood like I use to, and the bags of pelletts are a whole lot easier to manage than a cord of fire wood.

Nice hearing from you. Keep us posted on the progress of your car......especially if you can post an updated picture of your new Webers and BRMs!!!!!

Cheers,

sonny, the car was built in the late 90's and titled and registered as a 66 ford !!

Gary, not sure what I will do with the BRM's but that scheme sounds good, Little snow on ground (warm weather) but that is sure to change

Devin

Supporter
I remember seeing this car at a Texas Cobra Club meeting in Austin in either the spring of '04 or 05. I was impressed with the quality of the car then and looks like it is still as nice as I remembered it. I'm glad to hear you are hanging on to it.

It was an impressive sight to see about 50-70 cobras and a GT-40 all in one place and even more fun to have a line of them roaring up and down the hill country together...man that was a great weekend. One to remember for sure!

Devin

Devin, that is the one. It was built as a show car in an attempt to get interest in gt40's in the states. It turned out to be too expensive, people were more interested ion 40 - 50 K cobras. They were actually 2 built, this is the 2nd one built!

Let it snow!!I'm going to Florida for 2 weeks till 1 Feb, Rochester is cold, snowing right now!

Dennis,

Enjoy the warmer weather in Florida!

Two mountain climbers lost on Mt. Hood today. Got into the 20s last night and the result of ice everywhere allowed dumb drivers to acheive the finest wrecks TV could hope to capture for early AM news. Vehicles upside down in ditches, and a huge amount of wrecks everywhere here in my area. Brain dead drivers have a way to provide great news coverage when bad weather hits our area.

The paper said that Ft Lauderdale was going to hit 77 degrees today! Much better that the 20s this morning here in Estacadaville!

Enjoy those warm 2 weeks!

Hi Dennis, hope your doing well,
as I'm new to this Forum, may i introduce myself.
I'm 46 years old and living in Luxembourg, in good ol Europe and as a Car Fanantic,i followed this thraed with great pleasure.
I allready own a GT40 from Hermes, a German builder out of business.
The car is not finished yet, but i will start in a couple of month.
But I'm looking for a second one, so to avoid endless discussions with my wife, who can drive the car.
Is your car still for sale?, I'm interested in buying only best quality, and your car seems to be the perfect one.

Thanks in advance for your reply and all the positive for your health ;)

hi Dennis,
I`m in the office now, time 9.00 AM, seen you sent me an e-mail at my home address, i think. If so, can only read it this evening when home from work.If it is safe, i also can give you my office address.
tks J-C

Dennis, i too am new to this forum but can identify with your situation.You have a beautiful car i only wish i could afford it right now.May God bless you and watch over you and yours.
Bill (Wilby)

Dennis,
A thought occurred to me recently about life/death because I have someone close to me who are utterly paralyzed with the fear of dying. Their days are wasted with the thought of death or those who have died.

Having seen what fear can do I determined to live differently. To look death in the eye and say, "Yes, your going to get me in the end and you think you going to get the last laugh. But I will have all the laughs from now to that day. I want to be one of those who 'Lives until I Die'.

Good Luck and prayers. rockonsmile
John

BTW, in the late 90's I was picking my Unique 427 up at the Weaver's place and saw what I believe is your car. It was incredible. My cobra looked like an ugly step child next to it!

Darnel A.

Supporter
Dennis,
There is being alive, and there is living. You, sir, by fulfilling your dream of owning a GT40, you have bested 90% of the poor bastards out there.

Good luck with your health.

It is a beautiful car.

Darnel

Dennis-- I'm currently building and RCR GT40, but that's not why I'm writing you. A number of years ago I was involved in an accident that resulted in the amputation of my left leg below the knee. I had a rock crusher collapse on me and you couldn't come any closer to dying than I did. For me it was a wake-up call in my life. I spent the better part of a year in the hospital reflect on my life both here and eternally. When I come that close to dying I asked myself the question. What is this life all about? Am I just going to drop in a hole in the ground or is there more? I started reading the Bible with the encouragement of some good friends and I found out that God wants me not only to experience His peace and love in my life now but eternally. I read verses like Romans 5:1 "We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." And John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believe in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 10:10 "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." I had asked myself why don't most people have this piece and abundant life that God planned for us to have? The problem is our separation from God. God created us in his own image to have an abundant life. He didn't make us like robots to automatically love and obey Him. He gave us a will and freedom of choice. The choices is ours we choose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice today Dennis. This choice results in separation from God. The Bible tells us in Romans 3:23 " For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 6:23 says " For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." To put it very plainly Dennis I found that this choice that God gives us can result in separation from God. It's like standing on the canyon wall with sinful people on one side and a holy God on the other side. We have this deep chasm that separates us from God called sin. People have tried in many ways myself included to bridge this gap between myself and God. But the Bible says in Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way that seems right to man, but in the end it leads to death." In Isaiah 59:2 it says "Your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins had hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear." I want to make it clear here Dennis that when these verses here talk about death, it's referring to eternal separation from God. I personally tried to bridge this gap to God with what I thought were good things and they are. Good works, I thought by doing good things for people that would get me in to good standing with God and into heaven. I even tried religion, you can have a 35 pound King James Bible and be wearing out the carpet coming and going to church, but that wont get you there either. How about philosophy? Won't work. How about morality? I don't smoke drink or chew or run with the girls that do, surely that will get me there. Doesn't work either. The only bridge that will get us across to God is his son Jesus Christ who died on the cross and rose from the grave to pay the penalty for my sin and yours and the people of this world. You see Dennis it's not about us but it's about what Christ did for us. He gave it all so that we could have it all and what I'm talking about here is eternal life. The Bible tells us in 1 Timothy 2:5 " For there is one God and one mediator between God and man, the man Jesus Christ." And 1 Peter 3:13 says "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring us to God." Romans 5:8 also tells us " But God demonstrates his own love for us in this : While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Yiu see Dennis God has provided the only way and each of us must make a choice. How do we respond to all of this? All I can tell you is how I responded and my wife also who died of cancer 10 years ago. It's simple we must trust Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and received Him by personal invitation. The Bible says " Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 it also tells us in John 1:12 " Yet to all who received him, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." It also says in Romans 10:9 " That if we confess with our mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Dennis, here is how you can receive Christ: 1. Admit your need. (I am a sinner.) 2. Be willing to turn from your sins. (repent). 3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave. 4. Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as Lord and Savior.) Dennis, I know That haveing cancer is a hard thing to deal with not only for you but for your wife and family as well. I had a pastor tell me one time don't tell people you know where they're at unless you know where they're at. I do know what you're going through as my wife Donna had cancer and I was her caregiver. I have the security of knowing that she is in heaven because of her personal relationship with Christ. I would like to share with you a prayer that Donna and I both prayed at one point in our life. It went like this " Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I'm a sinner and I need your forgiveness. I believe that you died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust you and follow you as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus name. Amen. My prayer for you Dennis is that you will pray this prayer. I want you to know that my new wife Debbie and I will be praying for you and your family as you go through this time in your life.
Your friend
Vaughn

Dennis,

Is your car still available? I live close and would certainly be willing to offer visiting rights...

Hope this message finds you well.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back