GTD loom repair or replace?

As I'm stripping down the GTD I'm finding connectors that have seen better days. I've not seen the car powered up so don't know how much of the loom is OK.
I was just wondering what the consensus is,........would it best to remove it, replace all the connectors and re-wrap the loom or just buy new? (I'm sure a Tornado or AK loom would fit) alternatively, does anyone know where the original GTD loom was sourced from?
Thanks

Simon

My 50cents, replace connectors. It saves you a lot of trouble and money.
Tornado won't sell anything unless you buy a complete GT40 kit.

As I'm stripping down the GTD I'm finding connectors that have seen better days. I've not seen the car powered up so don't know how much of the loom is OK.
I was just wondering what the consensus is,........would it best to remove it, replace all the connectors and re-wrap the loom or just buy new? (I'm sure a Tornado or AK loom would fit) alternatively, does anyone know where the original GTD loom was sourced from?
Thanks

Simon

I think the SGT loom is pretty close to the GTD one if not a direct fit.

Malcolm

Supporter
Simply changed all connectors in the loom on my GTD where needed to, mainly the ones outside the cabin. Used modern water proof ones. Didn't remove the loom but you may need to create space to access all loom ends. But if its easy to remove the loom to do this as the car already in a million peices anyway, then silly not to.

Agree with Malcolm, usual failures are the main power socket just behind the right hand side dash, two large brown cables which fail because the connectors cannot carry the load, we have had to bypass the connector block on these two cables and make direct connections.

Malcolm

Supporter
Lol, Brian you are what our family would call a spoodler! (not the urban dictionary meaning!) Happy Christmas all!

Back