GTD original Rear Wheelguide rods and rear wheel stabilizer

Went today to the Belgian MOT (Technical control) for the first time in 20 years as oldtimers are now subject to a normal control.
My car passed everything except at the last minute they indentified that above pieces are not 'original' ..!!

Is there somebody who has original GTD pieces available ??? as the rest is original GTD on my car.

Crazy thing when I asked these guys what is original and they said the pieces are welded ...!!!
I answered that the whole car is welded but they did not liked it ....

Thanks folks
Fred

Attachments

• F71BA6CD-7D27-46AF-A92B-5065D3C519C9_4_5005_c.jpeg
    F71BA6CD-7D27-46AF-A92B-5065D3C519C9_4_5005_c.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 2AADD6B6-3640-4452-A687-A31C2BB48579_4_5005_c.jpeg
    2AADD6B6-3640-4452-A687-A31C2BB48579_4_5005_c.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 310

Mike Pass

Supporter
Very simple. For this car the technical testers in Belgium require the parts to be as originally fitted to a GTD replica i.e. as manufactured by GTD. Not as per original 1966 GT40
Cheers
Mike

So is there a certificate of conformity relating to a GTD ? presumably so. So that the Belgian testers can refer to it, and not just impose their own opinion on how it was done, or how it should be done. Where can this be found then so that we can all conform to it ??

So is there a certificate of conformity relating to a GTD ? presumably so. So that the Belgian testers can refer to it, and not just impose their own opinion on how it was done, or how it should be done. Where can this be found then so that we can all conform to it ??
I have heard there is a certificate of conformity relating KVA "A" & "C" and GTD also in the Netherlands.
I believe they had some many replicas (Jaguars, Lamborgini's, Ferrari's and so on) imported from the UK with registrations that didn't match, they had to start creating files.

Malcolm

Supporter
Neither of those parts look standard GTD to me. The anti roll bar looks to have adjustment added into it. GTD never made the original ARBs they sold as they came from probably ford parts bin. Early GTD used to have the ARB over the top of the gear box but later ones had it underneath. The suspension arm is also non standard GTD as it is heim/rose jointed. The original arm had the rubber block suspension type fitting. Quite often these parts are upgraded by owners so highly likely someone will have their old bits stashed under their workbench, proabbly Frank has some kicking about as he must have changed a few sets of these over the years.

Back