GTD upgrade

After 12years ownership, last year I sold my GTD40, but lucky me - I’m still racing it!
I was fortunate to sell it to a very nice French gentleman racer/rally type, who promptly arranged to have the car driven from here in Somerset to his home in the South of France. Thankfully, it did the trip without any problems.
Earlier this year, he invited me to join him in ‘Les 100 Tours’ event at the Paul Ricard circuit near his home in Marseilles. These are invitation only events and it was a truly brilliant weekend..(see pic). The only trouble we had was a gearchange cable breakage on lap 64, but as we had completed more than 60% of race distance, at least we were classified as finishers.
Unfortunately he has now broken the engine, but as money seems to be no object, he is planning some major updates for the next 100 Tours at Nogaro in October. I have again been invited to participate, so I am keen to make sure that he gets what he wants!

Now the serious bit! He has already ordered a new 302 ,rated at 415bhp, from Ford Racing in the USA, and he also wants to buy a ZF-5DS-25 gearbox, together with a suitable rod change.
Additionally, he wants a spare set of wheels, Revolution, BRM or Halibrand, bolt-ons, to the same size as the current:- Front 15x6, Rears 15x9 with standard GTD offsets.

So if anyone out there has a ZF gearbox or wheels to sell - please let me know as soon as possible.

And before you ask - yes, I am certain that the car will need uprated brakes! At the moment, the car still has the standard GTD set-up and I was very surprised at Ricard that we managed to get through without any major dramas. However, with 415bhp on tap, if the brakes aren’t changed I feel that we will need a parachute and a mile long gravel trap at Nogaro! (not to mention a suitcase full of spare pants!). So far, my new friend Gerard has not responded to my pleading for the uprated brakes, but I’ll keep working on him.

I’m off to Le Mans 24hr now, but hopefully by the time I get back there’ll be a pile of responses to the pleas for bits.

Attachments

• Paul Ricard etc.March03001.JPG
    Paul Ricard etc.March03001.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 343
Richard, AP would be best but 6 pot Willwoods available, BUT also change the pedal assembly before you do anything, Frank

Attachments

• DSCF0753.jpg
    DSCF0753.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 313

Malcolm

Supporter
Sell your car and then get to race it some more? Now that is striking a good deal! Fantastic. Check out the ZF - Q boxes that are just out, from what I hear they are brillinant and dare I say it better than a proper ZF? Not sure who supplies the gear shifter for it, but I know Mick Sollis made one for his car that is very trick. It would quite likely fit a GTD.

Back