GTD - What is the deal?

Ron Earp

Admin
Based on the post below on the GTD cars what is the deal? In the US these cars are rare so we don't have a good idea.

Is the company still in business?

Do they still sell kits?

Do they sell turn keys?

Where do they sell kits? UK only?

The CAV frame car is a update of this made in South Africa. When GTD sold them the rights did GTD cease to be?

Thanks,

Ron

G

Hi Ron

Good questions. Just wish I knew the answers as even being on the committee for the GTD40 Car Club, I couldn't even tell you which town they trade from now! However I assume they are still trading and wanting to sell kits and turnkey cars. Hopefully they will read this and do something about the situation.

Things just ain't the same since Ray sold the company to the new owners.

Malcolm

GTD is still in business but trading as GTD Supercars,the owners son is racing in the British Touring Car series and this as most people know is a very time consuming task.They do not seem too interested in the Gt40 side of things.
CAV has them pretty much over a barrel as far as cars are concerned as they have the rights to make everything,I am told that GTD Supercars has to order six chassis kits to be able to get CAV to make them a spaceframe as all they want to do now is the monocoque.
I am sure there is more to the story but time will tell.
Parts are supposedly still available from various people in the UK,
More on that at a later date pending permission.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Hi Guys, Yes GTD are still in business. AS to their current status, you will have to talk directly to them. However as it stands they can supply parts and are looking into alternative chassis supply.

However, If there are any clients who are interested in Space frame chassis and body packages, they can E Mail us for prices and delivery. Our Chassis a quite different from a CAV or a GTD. The suspension is adjustable as standard and we have much stronger spindle uprights with choice of bolt on wheel flanges or knock on pin drive. Bias adjustable pedal box and SVA compliant steering assemblies. This is a Uk manufactured package, and all rights are owned by Myself. I have made that clear because i was asked a while back if I was an agent for anyone else. I am a totally independant GT40 parts Supplier/manufacturer

Because I used to work for GTD, I also have a great deal of knowlege for these cars. Many of my parts will fit GTD and others.

As Soon as it is possible, my new website will have pics and prices. In the mean time I will E mail to interested people.

All the very best

Mark Sibley
MDA

Back