gurney bubble

I am looking for a gurney bubble, but not a laminated version. I would prefer one like Dan Gurney used 1966 on #1031, the orignial shape has a form of a drop and is fixed by screws or similar on top of the roof.

Thanks for comments and links

JanE

Jan, I make the "Gurney bubble" for Fran Kress in fiberglass or carbon fiber. They are a "tear drop" shape that is an exact copy of the one used by Dan Gurney. You can contact Fran Kress at 412-441-4275 shop or 412-441-5750 nights

Here is a Pic of a Kress-Gurney Bubble on my car. I used double sided emblem tape and stainless screws to fasten. It took about 6 beers to get the nerve to cut into the roof!

Vic

Attachments

• 74735-bump.JPG
    74735-bump.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 7,456
I used the same one as Victoron my car and it makes a huge difference. By the way I am 6' 2" and a little on the tall side for a GT40.

Bill, this is exactly what I am looking for, great look. Could you make or sent me one? What is price (GFK or Carbon) and delivery time? Or is it Fran Kress who is delivering the gurney bubbles.

Do you paint the carbon version or is it possible to leave it as it is (looks perhaps a bit agressive...)

Jan

Not to steal Bill's money...but shipping to Switzerland
will be expensive. I have to believe you can get
a bubble from someone in the UK and save time/money.
Maybe Tornado or MDA or Frank Catt ?

Mike D

Mike thanks for your comment. Absolutely true, there are a number of gurney bubbles available in the U.K. and e.g. Frank's is done in an absolutely superbe manner.

I am just checking out to get the "tear drop" form. Together with the stainless stell screws it fits into the look of the headlight covers and the sidewindows, which I like so much.

As with Vic I will propably need some beers to cut the hole into the roof, but the real challenge is the exchange of the pedal box to gain some more leg room as well as to separate the pedals so I am not pushing all three pedals at once with one feet....Frank is already in the loup and I will let you know the solutions...

Back