Harmonic balancer

Looking for advice.. I have a 351W it is internally balanced, I`m using CVF racing pulleys ,4 bolt harmonic balancer pulley and a CVF short water pump what would be recommended for the harmonic balancer to make belt alignment the easiest. Thanks for all your help Kent

Paul T.

Supporter
Looking for advice.. I have a 351W it is internally balanced, I`m using CVF racing pulleys ,4 bolt harmonic balancer pulley and a CVF short water pump what would be recommended for the harmonic balancer to make belt alignment the easiest. Thanks for all your help Kent
I have CVF pulleys also. On their site I believe it says that some aftermarket harmonic balancers will require a shim for belt alignment.

I have CVF pulleys also. On their site I believe it says that some aftermarket harmonic balancers will require a shim for belt alignment.
Thanks I did see that on the CVF website, what brand of harmonic balancer are you using? and if you needed a shim what thickness shim did you have to use? I should have also mentioned I`am using V belt pulleys.

Last edited:

Paul T.

Supporter
I have an original balancer for now, 351 Cleveland v belt. Haven't built the engine yet just using one for mock up now. I would measure the offset you have and see what is available in shims from CVF or others to get the proper alignment.

Back