Hartwell Latches

Firedog

Phil W
I have some Harwell OEM latches for Sale, they are new old stock OEM parts located in the UK. I have studied a thread on here for latches and saw a picture so I hope they are the right type. I also have uploaded as many close ups of the part numbers as possible which may also help other located these type of latches. I have a lot of 4 assemblies.

A. .2 x male and female assemblies that are the same type as a picture someone posted on the forum. I have harvested these from a brand new higher assembly so the female body is pre drilled to 1/8th holes. The male part of the latch is virgin so to speak as these items have never been fitted to aircraft and are military surplus. As will all Hartwell latches these are fully adjustable on fit and then are locked with a 1/16 inch split pin.

B. 2 x Female receptacles, one still in Hartwell Primary Packaging. I am no GT40 expert but I would say these were most likely the type fitted to the rear engine fairing.

If they are not GT40 spec just let me know.

As the first pair female have been pre- drilled (which will not be visible after fitment, Indeed I would suggest these are utilised for the fit anyway. and the other two are the female portion only I am asking £200 for the lot (circa $275USD) for the Lot. Payment via PayPal plus postage on top of course. ( I saw some guy sold 6 latch assembly's for $750 USD so I have calibrated my asking price accordingly.

At the very least, I hope the part numbers illustrated here help you guys out.

IMG_4739.jpg
Hartwell 1.jpg
IMG_4716.jpg
IMG_4739.jpg
IMG_4739.jpg
Hartwell 1.jpgIMG_4716.jpg
IMG_4719.jpg
IMG_4719.jpgHartwell 1.jpgIMG_4716.jpgIMG_4719.jpg
IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4729.jpg
IMG_4739.jpg
Hartwell 1.jpg
IMG_4716.jpg
IMG_4719.jpg
IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4729.jpg
IMG_4734.jpg
IMG_4734.jpg
IMG_4735.jpg
IMG_4739.jpg
Hartwell 1.jpg
IMG_4716.jpg
IMG_4719.jpg
IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4729.jpg
IMG_4734.jpg
IMG_4735.jpg
IMG_4737.jpg
IMG_4730.jpg
IMG_4730.jpg

Firedog

Phil W
No good if there not cad plated hope your aware of that process mr mac
Mark - these are Aluminium Ally Castings so the are all anodised accordingly. Cadmium plating is for HTS applications. Im not aware Hartwell Latched being steel as they were for aerospace applications in the main. I can only assume Ford adopted them for there quick release properties and the fact they stay closed at Mach 2+ (as fitted to the English Electric Lightning (All Mk's).

However, not being GT40 savvy happy to be challenged.

Back