Healthcare

Guys,

As you are probably aware, the Government will close the Cash for Clunkers program on Monday 24 August 2009.

The government owes countless funds to dealers.

Automotive News Video

If the government can't run a simple $1 billion grown to $3 billion, how are they going to run something as complex as a national health care program?

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
"Really?? You have a nice interpretation of what Jefferson said. He did not use the word healthcare or medical coverage though did he?"

Then you can perhaps show me where the Founding Fathers said health care was a luxury.

And what does Kevorkion and abortion have to do with the argument. Ever hear of food stamps?

Thought not

IMSA

Imsa, I shall now direct you to the following quote:

"Wrong. Since you have made the statements the the burden of proof lies on you to prove these assertions

IMSA "

This is your statement to Al in a previous post requesting him to prove his assertions, correct? And yet, like a true liberal, you can not back up your statements but request that I prove you wrong. As you say, it doesn't work that way. Now I believe Mr. Jefferson has long since past. Do you have original writings from Mr. Jefferson stating that healthcare is an inalienable rght? Have you been speaking with him from the beyond? Did he tell you that healthcare was an inalienable right because I have yet to read it anywhere that he said it was. I think it is noble that you want to take care of everyone. Please do it on your own dime though.

On a final note, I believe the inalienable right to life comment was directed at being free from persecution, not medical care.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

As you are probably aware, the Government will close the Cash for Clunkers program on Monday 24 August 2009.

The government owes countless funds to dealers.

Automotive News Video

If the government can't run a simple $1 billion grown to $3 billion, how are they going to run something as complex as a national health care program?

Dom, hearing the news I decided to do some quick shopping to see what kind of car and deal I could get before Monday. The dealers I went to advised that they stopped particpating in the program weeks earlier because the government has yet to cover the vouchers for previous sales. With such efficiency, I wonder if some dealers viability is once again in jeopardy. I am against government healthcare plan.

I agree. Any government is a consumer, not a producer and can never efficiently run a program as simple as CFC on a 3 bil. budget with more than 300 employees overseeing the program! Wonder what the administrative costs are for these 300 people running the program..

DickMorris.com

Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to get the straight story from the guy with the foot fetish and Hannity's lapdog. Should I post some links to Democratic Underground, Daily Kos, or Huffington Post to even things out? I'll just post this one.

Pensito Review Is Toe-Sucking Fox Newser Dick Morris In D.C. Madam’s Phone List?

IMSA

Imsa,
I am disapointed in you. I stated he had some skeletons in the closet, but you had to sink to name calling rather than see that there is some useful information there. As the architect of the Clinton reelection campaign I would think he has some contribution/insight to this process regardless of his affiliations. I have tried to be respectful of those I disagree with, using fact and references where I could, not redirecting the conversation or resorting to name calling(seems to be an ongoing theme for those on the left and even some on the right). You could have stated your views without that. It makes you a less than credible source of information. Yes he is biased(so is everyone or this wouldn't be a discussion), but his analysis is more than credible. I can't say that for the sources you list. You can't dispute what he has to say with facts or you would have. If you read anything I have posted you would know that I am neither Dem or Repub but want to get information out there for others to consider on issues I think important. Name calling and shouting bumpersticker slogans(on both sides) does nothing to advance an argument. Civil discouse with facts is the only way to get people to listen. It is probably why noone responded to your post in a similar tone about your views or your horse in the race. In all of your post I have gotten few if any facts, mostly opinion. Defend your bill with facts and others might listen to you.
Want another source, look here and give me some more of your wonderful insight after you read some of his views and arguments. I doubt you will take the time.

Herman Cain: T*H*E New Voice

Completely off thread. Don't you wonder why all the people that were screaming about the war (including the media) are all silent now? The mother whose son died, she protested at GWB's ranch and got tons of coverage, now she is going to be where BO is vacationing and not a word! Amazing!! It's OK for our youth to die now that the Dems and BO are running the show.
Back to healthcare, when this started the cry was "healthcare for everyone. Now that it is sliding towards a well deserved crapper, it's "morally wrong" and "the Right is trying to make the first black president fail". We who don't want this government takeover are all of the sudden, immoral racist bastards! You gotta love the thought process!

Right on Al. I was talking to a friend in Illinois an hour ago, and he said the same thing about the war. The media put BO in office, and now they have to cover their butts because they helped put him in office.

BO's popularity continues to fall.
Poll: Americans losing confidence in Obama - Yahoo! News

But what is more amazing is the popularity of the congress / senate and the democrats and republicans.

Nancy Peolosi is said to be planning the nuclear option to ram rod the bill through congress. That means that the politicians have not listened to their constituents.

Should we return them to office in the autumn???

Right on Al. I was talking to a friend in Illinois an hour ago, and he said the same thing about the war. The media put BO in office, and now they have to cover their butts because they helped put him in office.

BO's popularity continues to fall.
Poll: Americans losing confidence in Obama - Yahoo! News

But what is more amazing is the popularity of the congress / senate and the democrats and republicans.

Nancy Peolosi is said to be planning the nuclear option to ram rod the bill through congress. That means that the politicians have not listened to their constituents.

Should we return them to office in the autumn???

Hell no! We should vote most of them out in 2010!

Completely off thread. Don't you wonder why all the people that were screaming about the war (including the media) are all silent now? The mother whose son died, she protested at GWB's ranch and got tons of coverage, now she is going to be where BO is vacationing and not a word! Amazing!! It's OK for our youth to die now that the Dems and BO are running the show.
Back to healthcare, when this started the cry was "healthcare for everyone. Now that it is sliding towards a well deserved crapper, it's "morally wrong" and "the Right is trying to make the first black president fail". We who don't want this government takeover are all of the sudden, immoral racist bastards! You gotta love the thought process!

yes, this country is whack. everyone just keep bitching about something. me, I am stupid happy.

Imsa,
I am disapointed in you. I stated he had some skeletons in the closet, but you had to sink to name calling rather than see that there is some useful information there. As the architect of the Clinton reelection campaign I would think he has some contribution/insight to this process regardless of his affiliations. I have tried to be respectful of those I disagree with, using fact and references where I could, not redirecting the conversation or resorting to name calling(seems to be an ongoing theme for those on the left and even some on the right). You could have stated your views without that. It makes you a less than credible source of information. Yes he is biased(so is everyone or this wouldn't be a discussion), but his analysis is more than credible. I can't say that for the sources you list. You can't dispute what he has to say with facts or you would have. If you read anything I have posted you would know that I am neither Dem or Repub but want to get information out there for others to consider on issues I think important. Name calling and shouting bumpersticker slogans(on both sides) does nothing to advance an argument. Civil discouse with facts is the only way to get people to listen. It is probably why noone responded to your post in a similar tone about your views or your horse in the race. In all of your post I have gotten few if any facts, mostly opinion. Defend your bill with facts and others might listen to you.
Want another source, look here and give me some more of your wonderful insight after you read some of his views and arguments. I doubt you will take the time.

Herman Cain: T*H*E New Voice

Is this the "name calling" that so offended you?

Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to get the straight story from the guy with the foot fetish and Hannity's lapdog.

Perhaps you should have used a better source like perhaps Bill O'Reilly? No it seems he has a "few bones in his closet" as well.

But it's OK for the other name calling I've seen on the board such as Barny Frank 's a pervert. I get it, it's OK as long as our side is doing it. Here's a tip for you, if you want to be taken seriously by anyone that leans left or is left, you don't use anything from FOX News. It's that simple.

IMSA

Is this the "name calling" that so offended you?

Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to get the straight story from the guy with the foot fetish and Hannity's lapdog.

Perhaps you should have used a better source like perhaps Bill O'Reilly? No it seems he has a "few bones in his closet" as well.

But it's OK for the other name calling I've seen on the board such as Barny Frank 's a pervert. I get it, it's OK as long as our side is doing it. Here's a tip for you, if you want to be taken seriously by anyone that leans left or is left, you don't use anything from FOX News. It's that simple.

IMSA[/QUOTE
Ok, not a pervert, but like the rest not real smart. No, that's too nice, extremely stupid! Let's see, I'm in the public spotlight, I think I'll get a male prostitute, yeah,yeah, that's the ticket. For many people, the fact that the scandal involves gay sex makes Frank's behavior more offensive; among others, tolerance of homosexuality has shielded Frank from sharper criticism.

At the least, Frank's judgment was appallingly naive. After an initial encounter in which he paid Steve Gobie $80 for sex, the Congressman says he tried to lift the younger man out of drugs and prostitution by hiring him to run errands. He wrote letters to Gobie's probation officer and paid his psychiatric bills. He allowed Gobie the use of a car and sometimes his apartment when he was out of town.

After 18 months, Frank says, he dismissed Gobie upon discovering that he was bringing clients to Frank's apartment.
This is the kind of person that I want deciding my future!
The American people should make a list of the good ones (short list) and replace the rest in 2010

Pat

Supporter
Seems like the left uses the demonization as a weapon to obscure the facts. Barney Frank says talking to his town hall participants is like that of "a piece of furniture. Enemies must be discredited and destroyed! They destroyed Sarah Palin, Gingrich, and ran Mel Martinez out of the senate. Credible opposition threats are systematically destroyed by carefully orchestrated character assassination whether it be a person, an industry or a news channel.
The demonization is like a magician who wants you to look one place while the trick is performed elsewhere.
The military was evil, the wars terrible - until Obma took over. Where is the protest over the buildup in Afghanistan?? How about the demands of an exit strategy??? As a 30 year retired vet, look at why we lost Vietnam and look at Afghanistan. (Read the book "On Strategy" by Harry Summers).
The drug companies were evil until they cut a deal with Obama - co-opting allows survival. Funny, the media stopped blasting them as well.
The oil companies were evil because we were invading Iraq “blood for oil" was their cry (where is that oil anyway??) There profits were immoral and needed to be taxed-what happened to those anyway?
Imagine if a Republican had been involved with Whitewater or Monica Lewinsky or perjured himself in the deposition??? Would the outcome have been the same? Would they have gotten a pass? If Bush had an affair with an intern would Time Magazine have called it “a private family matter”?
The pathetic (democrat) governor of Louisiana and (democrat) Mayor of New Orleans get a pass on Katrina and the media successfully demonize Bush. This was demonization art at its finest. If the same thing happened tomorrow, the result would be exactly the same except the White House would be celebrated for the great job they did and the Republican Governor of LA would be the blame target - and the Mayor of New Orleans would still get re-elected.
The banks were evil so we bailed them out??? They are OK now (notice no media attacks?) since they sold their souls co-opting like the drug companies for TARP money and submission to the White House.
Now it's the insurance companies assaulted by the White House for making massive profits (huh? AETNA Lost 24% from 2007-2008) sounds like the same attack given the oil companies. The attacks will continue until they submit.
Fox news is evil and must be discredited.
Demonization - it's a good way to obscure the truth, destroy the opposition and maintain power. The liberal/political cabal’s audacity is amazing, the hypocrisy disgusting.
Who created the economic disaster?? Bush of course, not the dems who took over congress in 2006. Look at the link below and think how the liberals must try to obscure the facts in the video testimony. Answer: shoot the messenger and demonize FOX.

YouTube - Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown

So this is where it started, Barney Frank and the incredible arrogance and hypocrisy.

They both do it, but 80% of the media leans towards the left!

How do you figure Al...isn't FOX #1 in the news ralted show ratings with a 2+million viewer lately vs some 750k for the next in line? I think a majority of America's brains are owned by Rupert Murdoch. Fox has been riding high since BO took over I read...

Isn't Fox news the only right slanted news channel in the US of A???

No wonder the left can't accept anything from Fox. Yet the world has to listen to what is spilled forth from ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, and the BBC World Service etc.

Back