heim joint

dean

Supporter
where can i find this type of heims joint?

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 545
I am pretty sure he knew that was a heim joint. That exact type shown is an aircraft version. Original gt40s used heavy duty high misalighnment and are prety close copy is sold by Lamb Componets in Ca. Original cars have a shank size 1 step bigger than the bolt that goes thru it.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy, I may be wrong but I believe the term "Rose joint" was British in origin.
Also, I'm very old...

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
'Rose' was the trademark name of the British company that made a specific high quality bearing.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I just knew that Rose had to be similarly applied as Heim was so many years ago here in the US.. Thanks James...

dean

Supporter
yes i'm familiar with it being a heim joint. i'm looking for that particular joint with the top and bottom spacer for a custom a-arm.

Chris Duncan

Supporter
yes i'm familiar with it being a heim joint. i'm looking for that particular joint with the top and bottom spacer for a custom a-arm.

You will only find that setup sold separately

Art Morrison in the US sells spacers and rod ends but not as good a selection of rod ends as Baker

spacers page 64

http://artmorrison.com/2006cat/2008catalog.pdf?Download+Catalog=Download+Catalog

I think Heim is a manufacture name just like Rose, the technical name for the part is rod end bearing.

Back