Hello from Dallas!

Time for me to de-lurk so I can join in the discussions and start asking questions. The list of reasons why I can't acquire a GT40 replica seems to be diminishing, finally!

So by way of introduction, I have been enjoying my ERA 427 Cobra for about 6 years, active in the Texas Cobra Club all that time. I have participated in the last 5 annual Run N Gun events, and I am currently involved in vintage formula car racing. I see a number of my good friends from the Cobra community here, both people I know and have met, as well as virtual friends gained over the years. I look forward to diving in!

Sam Watson

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Glad you came on board Sam. Hope it works out for you and that a GT40 is in the near future Would be cool to have a fellow Texas Cobra Club member driving a GT40.

Thanks Jack and Don!

Don, I'll look you up at the San Marcos Rally in March. I know of another couple of GT40 wannabe's hiding in the tall grass in North TX! I think the virus is spreading ...

Sam

Welcome aboard SSSSAMMY!

I'm real excited that you and Gary are looking at a couple of GT40's. You can call me anytime to talk through any questions you might have.

Dean

Welcome aboard SSSSAMMY!

I'm real excited that you and Gary are looking at a couple of GT40's. You can call me anytime to talk through any questions you might have.

Dean

Absolutely, thanks for offering, Dean! I am giving you a speed dial button;) I will dig through my old stack of Kit Car mags and find those articles you wrote on how to set up a RCR40 suspension ...

Sam

Sam,

I have ordered a Tornado GT40. It will be here in about 3 weeks. I have studied the GT40 market extensively and would be happy to meet you and your friends.

I also have a buddy that has an original GT40 in Dallas and there is another original owned by Sam Pack.

Also, did you know that Arnold Petsche has three Kirkham Cobras, a polished aluminum, polished copper, and polished silicon bronze. Wow, what a sight.

You can PM me so we can talk.

Thanks, Keith and Bob, seems like a Tornado ought to be manufactured in Texas or Oklahoma .. the "Tornado Belt." Good looking 40's, saw the display at the Carlisle Kit Car Show a few years ago and spoke with the representative.

Sam

Welcome Sammy, do you have a time frame yet. I told Rob I wanted to get mine to him in January to get it fired up and I bet you will still be on the road before me.

Cant wait to see what you get

Welcome Sammy, do you have a time frame yet. I told Rob I wanted to get mine to him in January to get it fired up and I bet you will still be on the road before me.

Cant wait to see what you get

Thanks, John. I am thinking turn key minus car, so I'm months away. I am very much looking forward to seeing your car on the road!

Sam

Back