hello from New Zealand

I have only joined up on this site to see if I can make contact with an old friend who I have not had contact with for over 30 years. His name is Bud Rossler and i have found a reference to him on this site by one of your members. I think he lives in South Africa.

If any one knows him could they please let him know that I would like to make contact - just to say hi and catch up.

I do not have a GT40 or a Ford of any discription. Sorry about that.

Thanks for your help. Shelley

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Shelley, if you will click on "Member's List" in the blue bar at the top of the forum, you might be able to find your friend if he has registered under his own name. However, members are listed by the forum names they choose--for example, you would be under the J group b/c you chose Jersey Girl for your forum name. If you have an idea of the name your friend might have used, other than a real name, do some searching for him under the appropriate letter of the alphabet. If you find him, there will be a link for a PM (private message) and perhaps an email link if he has chosen to list one. Even if you find him, though, it's possible he may not see a PM unless he's active on the forum. You can check that by clicking on "list all posts" and finding out how long it has been since he posted.

Good luck finding your friend.

Oh, yeah--you might want to reconsider and develop an interest in a GT40. You would be the only female on the forum, to my knowledge. There's a lot of testosterone flying around here, but a different attitude might just be welcome. Believe me, you'd sure be a "hunk magnet" if you showed up at a social event driving a 40!

Doug

Thanks for this advise Doug. I did have a good look around before but did not see any names I felt confident about approaching. There are serveral references to him in chat lines here but they are quite historic. May be some one will know.

I take your point about purchasing a GT40. Maybe one of your nice male members could offer to buy me one! I know my son would be pretty envious to see his mum driving around in a mean machine.

In NZ there is strong competition between holden and ford fanatics. while I am on this site I will remain firmly in the ford camp I think.

Shelley

I did try to email but he has restricted email so sent him a personal message to this site but it does not look as though he has been on line for a while....
I'm from Taranaki.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The search function turned up 10 threads mentioning Bud!

I did a search for Bud's name and came up with 10 threads in which he appeared. He may be in South Africa, Shelley--Andre 40 mentions him quite a bit in this 12/6/04 thread--look for post #14 (Andre40 seems to be from Cape Town, S.A, and he mentions calling Bud regarding someone's pending visit, so......???):

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-foru...rer-forum-now-open.html?highlight=Bud+Rossler

Good luck. I know how hard it can be to find old friends, even with all the wonderful things the internet can do for us. Forum administrators can contact members in ways we cannot; if you were to explain your quest to Ron Earp in a PM, perhaps Ron might have the appropriate private contact information to send Andre40 an email and let him know you're looking for a mutual friend (don't expect Ron to give you that contact info--privacy issues--but perhaps he could contact Andre40 on your behalf). Andre40 pops up on this forum from time to time and really is an historical expert, IMHO. If you can manage to contact him, I'd bet a paycheck he knows the whereabouts of your friend. It seems Bud had highly regarded skills in the racing field.

Doug

Hey Doug thanks for all your interest in this search.

I understand the laws of privacy so spent hours yesterday following internet leads based on the little information Andre posted to this site. Found an email address and took a punt and sent a message. Got a response and he did indeed know Bud. Bud is in Johannesburg but the contact address I have been given is an email address for his brother Ed - also mentioned in Andre's threads. I am going to wait until after Christmas until I make contact. Would prefer to make a direct connection to Bud though. Will leave this thread posted just in case anyone does have a direct contact.

Yes I knew that Bud had worked with Stirling Moss and on the movies,but through Andre's site I realised I never understood the true extent of his skills.
He must have been pretty special to have stayed so front of my mind all these years though.

In the meantime thanks for your support and help. I'm quite blown away.

Ford people rule! Merry Christmas

Shelley

Hey just wanted to say that through this sight I have found Bud's brother and he is passing on a message to him. Thanks for your support everyone and may 2007 bring you the Ford of your dreams. Signing off now. Cheers Shelley

Back