Hemis

The engines are too wide to fit in a GT40 chassis. Ford at one time was developing a special 7.0L OHC engine for the GT40, but the rules committee limited engine size to 5.0L after the 1967 season.

The Agapiou brothers raced J-10 with the Boss 429 in Can-Am.
If someone wanted to modify a chassis to fit the Boss "9",
I guess it could be done given enough time and money $$$$$.
Would sure look cool !

Mike D

Fitment Issues

I've read an old thread converning fitment of an Audi V8. Are there the chassis modifications so major that there arent any GT40's fitted with hemi-headed engines. Chris- are the modifications major? I would think that if people have been able to put FE's in that a 385 series engine would be no problem. Am I just being difficult :dead:?

Modular Ford engines fit into GT40 replica quite frequently...RCR did one last year.
The issues arise when you look at the exhaust port angles in relationship to the chassis and then the issues of fabricating a set of "bundle of snakes" headers that will actually fit into the constraints that the body work dictates....not to mention the transaxle adaption with all its accompanying parts....not for the faint of heart but anything is possible with time/determination and MONEY.....

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
actvpwr said:
We're doing a ZSR chassis for a Hough Composites Mark II using a Cammer.
Chris
Historic Race Car Replicas

Chris -
A 427 SOHC Cammer? If so, do you have suggestions on how to locate one of those motors? I've contacted some of the forum sponsors and there is some belief the 427 SOHC may be reproduced in the near future. In the meatime, is a 427 SOHC found by luck?
Thanks,
Steve

Back