Hewland

Once again in to one of my favorit subjects; transaxles:

I read few comments about Hewland transaxles, they are not common becouse of s/c gearing noise etc.
My first step is use of 016, but for future actions i need Hewland (or similar) close-ratio, strong box.

Anyway, didn`t found much info of them in web. Intrested of diffirent versions - power/torque levels, serviceability, space parts, and of course price levels and sellers. Is there any good links?
And comments? :)

Jyrki

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hewlands website Hewland Engineering

Below is from Hewlands website. I always thought the LG500 was 4 speed and the LG600 was 5 speed. You learn something new every day!

[SIZE=-1]"L.G. 500[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] 1966[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] The biggest ever Hewland box; for Can-Am and large sports cars. Four or five speed. 2 speed version (LG2) produced for Lola; Indianapolis 500.[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]

LG 600[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] 1966[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]6 speed version of th L.G. 500"

[/SIZE]This is the classic trans as homologated for GT40's. I think someone has the rights to remanufacture them. Richard Timte may know. Do a search here on "LG600" or "LG500"

Maybe you want a modern trans as used by Iain Pretty in RF117? Hewland VGC.

Cheers

Thanks Russ

Don`t know how didn`t "found" Hew`s homepages :eek:

Price is one reason surely why they are not more common. Askings are 20-25% more than i thought. But if U want proper competition `box, it`ll cost, ouch.

Any ideas of where to find 2nd hand ones in net? If they move in net at all; maybe some race-pages?

New LG's are available, as used in the new T70 continuation cars. Cases by PDS, all internals by Hewland. Price around £25,000.

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering

Attachments

• LG small.jpg
    LG small.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,493
Back