Hi From a new replica owner

No progress on the front clip. Having too much fun driving it these past few months. The Holley Sniper setup really is amazing and made this car a whole different and better vehicle. I just dropped it off at my mechainic/fabricator to have the rear suspension moved rearward 1.6" to better center the rear wheels in the wheel well. This will bring the wheelbase from 93.4 to 95" which is the correct wheelbase for a GT40. I have also been working on my new Magnum GT Ferrari Dino Replica and an 87 Puma. The front clip change is still on the list. Thanks for asking.

Attachments

• magnum-gt-ferrari-dino-copy-43.jpg
    magnum-gt-ferrari-dino-copy-43.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 166
  • Puma 7-25-2020 7.jpg
    Puma 7-25-2020 7.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 169

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Hi, I am a new member of this forum and the new owner of a unique GT40 replica. I recently bought a one of two built Fiero based replica's of a supposedly early Lola GT car pre Mk I car. The car I bought was the first built by V8Archie back in 2004 and was on the cover of an issue of Kit car builder in 2004. The car is in very good condition being it is a 17 year old build. If you are not familiar with this car Search "GT4T V8archie" and you will find a very funny older public access car show that tells all about the car and how it was built. You must see this show for a laugh, watch it and you will know what I mean. It could be called the Wayne's World of car shows.
I know my car is an odd ball but I love odd bastard type cars. I love to drive them and talk to all the people that ask about them. I look forward to being a member of this forum and maybe one day owning another GT40 replica after I learn more about what is out there. I like the RCR cars for the price. PS. I live the the Louisville Ky Area.
Hello from YerDugliness!
I was born in Louisville, Kentucky.....74 years ago. My connection with Louisville is the "Sainlar" family line...Jerome Joseph was my father, uncles were Norman and Curtis (Keep in mind I haven't been back to Louisville for 40+ years). I have home movies of Aunt Ginna (short for "Virginia") Mae grabbing a stick and chasing down some children in the Ohio river to beat then with the stick...Someone had hollered at her "Hey, Ginna Mae", do something!!! She said she didn't know what to do, so she did what was easiest. If you're into genealogy do a search for "Earl Sainlar"...Uncle Earl was a millionaire and died when I was 5 or 6 years old. Cheers from YerDugliness!

Last edited:
Jim,
My first gt40 was also based on the fiero ! Can't remember where the body came from but it was made out west somewhere in US .I used the gm 3.8 lt super charged motor with the auto trans .it was my first attempt at a kit turned out ok ,was fast as hell but not really what I wanted so I sold it to get my GTD .

Attachments

• DSCN0070.JPG
    DSCN0070.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0074.JPG
    DSCN0074.JPG
    479.3 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN0062.JPG
    DSCN0062.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 136
Back