Hi, newbie here!

Just a short thread to introduce myself! I'm Si (better known as Frodo, hence the nickname) and I've joined because I have ALWAYS wanted a GT40... And I'm fortunate enough to be a DINKY and therefore nearly in a position where I can afford to build one :happy:

I currently serve in the Royal Air Force as a Weapons Systems Officer, which has mainly involved sitting in the back of Tornado F3 jets until now. I now instruct on a trainer called the Tucano in North Yorkshire in England, which is good because it means I get plenty of time to indulge in my other passion - motorsport!

I race a kit car called a Stuart Taylor Locoblade (imagine a cheap copy of a Caterham with a Fireblade bike engine) in various series, mostly with other RAF competitors. I didn't build this one but it has definitely motivated me to build next, and I plan to upgrade this car to a race (but road legal) GT40 :shocked: if the missus doesn't object too strongly...

I hope you won't mind all the silly questions I'll inevitably ask while I make my mind up :rolleyes:

Regards,

Frodo

Frodo, welcome to the forum!
I'm sure you will find all of your questions answered. Lots of professional builders herein.

Si,
Welcome to the Forum. You are very lucky as there are a lot of great guys on this forum from your home country...the birthplace of the fabulous GT40! I know that they will chime in and send you a hearty hello. If you need advice, this is the place to find it. Some of the best car owners/builders are right in your neck of the woods.
Garry

Back