High School Principles speech

Dennis Prager is reacting to the kind of propaganda that is running rampant in our schools.

Attachments

• azetlan.jpg
    azetlan.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 174

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Dennis Prager is reacting to the kind of propaganda that is running rampant in our schools.

...and of course he's probably tenured, so he needn't worry about losing his job no matter what he says, whom he insults, or just how whacko he might make the U. of T.'s entire faculty appear to the public. I'll bet having him around is a great boon to the university whenever it's trying to romance its alumni for 'gifts' too...

I used the words "angry, hate and selfish" because that is what Mr Prager spews daily.

The entire tennor of his "speach" is angry!
He hates Obama, he hates liberals.
He hates what he prceives our schools have become.

Now for the selfish part.

Mr Prager is selfish to the point of sabotaging students lives!

He is hoping to turn his school into a red state utopia. They will dress for church and will learn nothing about what he calls "propaganda"! Thing like sex education, sexual harassment, contriception, ecology or smoking. PROPAGANDA?

Statisticly childeren from red states will:

Have more teen pregnancy!
Have a higher divorce rate!
Have less upper education!
Have a higher % of smoking!
Have less tolerance for others!
Have higher gun death rates!
Have higher % who do not wear seat belts!

Mr Prager cares more about his ideals than the future of the childeren, that is what we in the real world call SELFISH!

Jim, Please show me in the thread I posted where it is,

1. angry
2. hateful
3. selfish

I don't care about his radio show or private life.

What he described is basically what school was like when we were kids, I didn't have a problem with it, did you?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Never happened!

Dennis Prager is not a High School Principal, he is a small time, right wing, LA talk show host, noted for making things up!

Tom, you need to remember that angry, selfish, hate filled conservatives rarely become Teachers or Principals.

Tom,

You posted that Mr Prager was a High School Principal, as you now know, he is not.

My comment to you was in the future to remember that angry, selfish, hate filled conservatives like Mr Prager rarely become Teachers or Principals".

Now as to his "speech", Tom..........

Do you think that teaching the dangers of smoking is propaganda?

Do you think that teaching the dangers of unprotected sex is propaganda?

Do you think that teaching about sexual harassment is propaganda?

Do you think that limiting clubs and discussions to topics he alone approves is a good policy?

Last edited:
Dennis Prager is one of the most moral men on radio. He gets along with both sides.
The Dennis Prager Show

I think the lefties are going through their own little hell today because of the passing of one of their moral compasses, Hugo Chavez.

Hey since I'm on an outreach roll, spurred on by the spirit of Dennis Prager no doubt, I would like to apologize to my friends on the left for the fact that Ronald Reagan dismantled the Soviet Union. And yes, we all know, Karl Marx was right and communism hasn't had a fair chance yet. There, I've said it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mr Fechter

Do you think that limiting clubs and discussions to topics he alone approves is a good policy?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mr Fechter, has never answer a direct question he will only change the subject.

Reagan? ARGO?

Answer the question or will that once again prove you are wrong?

Last edited:

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I am certain that "statisticly" 100% of those participating in lynchings were absolutely positive that they were correct. That is how I interpret staistics, depending on who is polling whom, statistics can and are made to fit whatever is wanted/needed. I am even more certain that statistics are a job created by people that can't win a debate on merit and want a mob mentality in decision making. When Politicians began using staistics for whatever they have deemed as needed they have lost all moral compass and ability to think for themselves. Statistics tend to deaden the thinking process in many, it irritates the rest of us. If an opinion is faulty, statistics don't make it any less of a turd.
My OPINION is that the more an individual uses statistics to bolster their position, the less they have the ability to think objectively. Some of the recent discussions have illustrated that quite well.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Dave, you do realize there is a differance between statistics and a poll? It sounds like you think they are the same thing.

So tell me your opinion.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I am certain that "statisticly" 100% of those participating in lynchings were absolutely positive that they were correct. That is how I interpret staistics, depending on........

Dave, yesterday you went on about my spelling, you implied I was just lazy!

Say, Dave do you know how to spell "statistics"?:)

Last edited:
Tom,

You posted that Mr Prager was a High School Principal, as you now know, he is not.

My comment to you was in the future to remember that angry, selfish, hate filled conservatives like Mr Prager rarely become Teachers or Principals".

Now as to his "speech", Tom..........

Sixth , and last, I am reorienting the school toward academics and away from politics and propaganda. No more time will be devoted to scaring you about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment or global warming. No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a health issue... There will be no more attempts to convince you that you are a victim because you are not white, or not male, or not heterosexual or not Christian. We will have failed if any one of you graduates this school and does not consider him or herself inordinately fortunate -- to be alive and to be an American.

You didn't read it Jim, it doesn't say anything about the things you listed above as being propaganda.

And you still haven't told me where these were represented in the thread.
1. angry
2. hateful
3. selfish

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...and of course he's probably tenured, so he needn't worry about losing his job no matter what he says, whom he insults, or just how whacko he might make the U. of T.'s entire faculty appear to the public. I'll bet having him around is a great boon to the university whenever it's trying to romance its alumni for 'gifts' too...

I just realized that the attachment Bob had included in his post (#21) - which I had tried to paste along with Bob's comment - didn't 'show up' along with Bob's comment!

The "he" I referred to above was the 'nutty professor' referenced in Bob's link...not Bob!

Steve

Supporter
I'm with Bob on this one: Argo.

Either that or someone's Lithium level needs to be checked......

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Dave, you do realize there is a differance between statistics and a poll? It sounds like you think they are the same thing.

So tell me your opinion.

I personally think the first three on your list should be done by parents, rather than taught at school. Maybe that is part of the problem parents have stopped parenting.
As for the last yes I think it is a good policy to not have clubs based on religion,
Race, or for that matter the ku klux klan.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I personally think the first three on your list should be done by parents, rather than taught at school. Maybe that is part of the problem parents have stopped parenting.
As for the last yes I think it is a good policy to not have clubs based on religion,
Race, or for that matter the ku klux klan.

Well said...again a sign of laziness. Unless they want to make someone else do something, it's up to schools to do everything else.
Statistic...pretty easy, of course only misspelled once...not every single toime it was used. The extra letter was from fat fingers, most people would have seen that. It isn't when extra letters are accidently inserted, but when words are constantly and repeatedly spelled WRONG.
If you don't see the difference...don't axe, LOL . I crack myself up.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. Polling is done to get stupid statistics. It is done from a specific "pool" to get statistics for whatever position is being bolstered by them. Simply, Polling is done to get flimsy statistics to make others feel like the position is valid. The KKK polled the people at the scene and the statistics told them that the person that was hanging from the rope was the right one. Nice and neat, statisticly he raped that white girl....I am almost positive a 100% of those polled affirmed it.
My OPINION is that you are a big believer in stereotypes, especially when they are distorted and biased. Should I poll the forum and see if it can be proven statisticly for you??? If a majority of those polled statisticly agree...will that make you see it...I doubt it.
One reason I think statistics are worthless, unless they represent a KNOWN item, is that some people are unwilling to participate in polling. I fall into that, call and attempt to poll me and I will hang up. Many people have deeper views on most subjects than can be expressed to the narrow questions given. Those responses are disqualified because they don't "fit", but does that make their position irrelevant. Far from it, probably more so.
I have know idea how old you are, don't really care, but I have seen many activities, unconstitutional, done by politicians using statistics to justify it.
Look back at some of the most heinous acts in history and they could be validated by the beloved statistics of the time.

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Agreed on polling. Because virtually ALL polling is now done by organizations or paid companies with an axe to grind who have a specific result in mind. I hang up, too. Unless they want to pay me for my time at my usual rate, fuck 'em.

An interesting exercise here would be to see how many of Prager's points we agree on, not disagree on......

Who agrees on the one-valedictorian idea? I do. Anyone else?

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, I agree, just like I feel the idea of teaching children that there is no winner in a game is disingenuous. It has created a growing number of people that think they just have to show up, no skills are required and all is equal. All is not equal.
I have always been somewhat of a devil's advocate about things. I have no issues with clubs based on various interests, even if they are based on racial affiliations, I have an ISSUE with tax dollars used to support them and taking monies out of EDUCATION...isn't that what school is for?
I always find it interesting that those wanting clubs in school, only want those that THEY believe should be allowed. What I find offensive about that exercise in futility, is their willingness to take my $$ and use it in a manner I find unacceptable. But, I have some major objections to the growth of sports funding in schools as well. As it becomes more clear to those that have been dipping into the gold at the end of the rainbow...there is no gold and the rainbow is an illusion.

Back