High School Principles speech

Steve

Supporter
Agreed on polling. Because virtually ALL polling is now done by organizations or paid companies with an axe to grind who have a specific result in mind. I hang up, too. Unless they want to pay me for my time at my usual rate, fuck 'em.

An interesting exercise here would be to see how many of Prager's points we agree on, not disagree on......

Who agrees on the one-valedictorian idea? I do. Anyone else?

Jim's correct. Polling is a huge business and all done by companies with an agenda. The accuracy is pathetic. It's not all their fault, though, as accurate sampling is virtually impossible now vs the 70's when everyone had one phone, it was a land line, the number was in the phone book, and everyone answered the phone (no answering machine).

Yeah, one valedictorian. I seem to remember 3 at my HS and I was ticked that the guy who took fluff classes was up there with me (chemistry, physics, calc etc).

Keith

Well now, I have an idea which may solve the omnipresent chasm that yawns (sic) every time these subjects come up.

With the exception of Pete, who we know is a old white guy right wing reactionary anti pinko free market capitalist, and me who is just a plain old white guy racist anti immigrant anti Muslim anti American Christian bigot, if every other contributor (except one) changed their state of residence to a blue state in their GT40 details - I believe there would be much more civility in political threads.

Like it?

By the way, the description of me, (old white guy racist anti immigrant anti Muslim anti American Christian bigot) wasn't self penned. It came directly from a member of this forum who has never met me. :)

But I aim to make it a self fulfilling prophecy..:drunk:

Let's see now, is everything Ok to post?

Bad taste. Check
Offence level. Check
Relevance: Check
Thread drift: Check
Spill chock: check

Go button: Check

Well now, I have an idea which may solve the omnipresent chasm that yawns (sic) every time these subjects come up.

With the exception of Pete, who we know is a old white guy right wing reactionary anti pinko free market capitalist, and me who is just a plain old white guy racist anti immigrant anti Muslim anti American Christian bigot, if every other contributor (except one) changed their state of residence to a blue state in their GT40 details - I believe there would be much more civility in political threads.

Like it?

By the way, the description of me, (old white guy racist anti immigrant anti Muslim anti American Christian bigot) wasn't self penned. It came directly from a member of this forum who has never met me. :)

But I aim to make it a self fulfilling prophecy..:drunk:

Let's see now, is everything Ok to post?

Bad taste. Check
Offence level. Check
Relevance: Check
Thread drift: Check
Spill chock: check

Go button: Check

Impressive earned/unearned description!

I was essentially called a vile person because I believe that criminals should be prosecuted and because I choose to protect myself from criminals.

I never knew that "vile" could be a compliment. :laugh:

Keith

Surely though, if you'd have been an upstanding blue state kind of guy then you would have merely been a misguided comrade who needed re-education, right? Vile is reserved for Non-Believers (from my research and recent polls suggest this also)

See, my plan works and I have all the statistics to prove my 'claims.'

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Keith, instead of using all those tiresome and repetitive adjectives, can't you just check the box for British? We'll make you an honorary Yankee if you do..... how can you turn that down?

Keith

Keith, instead of using all those tiresome and repetitive adjectives, can't you just check the box for British? We'll make you an honorary Yankee if you do..... how can you turn that down?

James, you are an indefatigable genius!

I would never have thought of that. Dunno 'bout Yankee, always fancied myself as a good 'ol boy if you know what I mean. Hell yeah! Roll Tide roll!

Here's to da Crimson Tide :chug: and screw that War Eagle!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Agreed on polling. Because virtually ALL polling is now done by organizations or paid companies with an axe to grind who have a specific result in mind. I hang up, too. Unless they want to pay me for my time at my usual rate, fuck 'em.

An interesting exercise here would be to see how many of Prager's points we agree on, not disagree on......

Who agrees on the one-valedictorian idea? I do. Anyone else?
Jim,

I do also.

Keith your description of me is pretty accurate, although you left out anti Muslim.
In fact I'm pretty much anti everyone who has vowed to kill me. I'm also racist anti illegal immigrants, so you can't have that all on your own.

Last edited:
I want to know what this "hate speech" is that Jim accuses Dennis Prager of. It would be nice if he could have actually quoted him in this "hate speech" instead of putting up a straw man argument about red states...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Righto, Baron, you are hereby an honorary redneck. Or as much of a redneck as a New York Jew can make you..... consider yourself one of us, as your man Oliver once said....

Back