How about a GT40 head count ?

I have the wheels, so I am off to a good start!!
wink.gif

Although not an owner yet, very soon (8 years) I plan to own an RF, so if you do this survey again in 8 years you can include me!
(assuming of course I'm in America at the time...)

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Adrian ]

Sorry Hersh

Looks like it's too soon for us to have a stand alone meet. Chip is right on about
SAAC. I loved their meet at Lime Rock.

My vote is to piggyback on one of their
outings.

MikeD

G

Hersh,

Count on me! My GTD was finished in April and I'm rearing to go. The SAAC event in Tulsa might be a good venue in 2004. I'm sure that a "Gathering of 40s" would be well received. Anything I can do to help pull it off, just let me know.

Ben

My GTD has been on the road for six years. For the first five it covered a whopping 175 miles. Since I acquired it three months ago I've put another 600 miles on the odo.

Hersh, let's make sure and set up a gathering someplace cool, temperature-wise...how about Antarctica?
grin.gif

Can Canadians come too? Car's been on the road 6 years now (GTD body/scratch built monocoque) and has about 3K miles on the clock. If the meet is in the summer, then a cooler location would be appreciated, since I'd drive it there but can't bring byself to fit a/c. There's only so much sauna you can stand.

My CAV is on the water. Should arrive 2nd week of June. Hope to be on the road by end of July 03.

Without reading all the messages i'm sure many of we European owners would like to attend. Living in the UK I would appreciate your staging the event somewhere hot and sunny!!. If you dialled the gathering into an historic racing event, car show or similar that would make the journey all the more complete. Just a thought.
Keith

Hope to have my DRB finished by the end of summer. I have stripped it down to the bare essentials and have cut out most of the panels it came with ( horrible welding job )I'm about to start making panels for it. The brake I am building should be finished by the end of the week. I have a big wish list that should be put in for in a week or two. Lots of big and small boxes should arrive soon.
Bill

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
GT40 under construction; tub by David Brown, body by Safir, hoping to have it completed by the end of this year and running in the spring of 04.

This is really encouraging guys, keep it coming. I don't care where you come from to particapate. I just want to meet and see as many of you I can. Hopfully with a GT but if not be there anyway if I pull this off.
Thanks to those of you that offered help, I may need it.
Right now I'm thinking of Topeka, Kansas. They have a wonderful facility there and I'm sure Alain can tell us more about that. Nothing solid on this but just thinking out loud. It is also concievable to look into a joint event with SAAC. For right now though we need to see some realistic particapation
figures. I think It's looking good so far.
I remember when I built my cobra and there were next to nothing happening. Now look at all they do. I truly hope we get to at least close to where the UK guys are. With the right guidance and help it can happen.

Hersh
smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I'd say 2-3 months I'll have a go kart as long as Julie heads to the beach for two weeks. Then it is going to the body shop! So this year definitely, but I think I said that before
rolleyes.gif

Ron

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Check - Way up here in the Northwest. Should be completed by this Fall. Logistics is alway an issue but through a date and place out there and we can plan ahead! I'd love to see some open track, time/distance rally or autocross activities.

This thread is exciting. I hope it happens!!

Neal,
When yours is done, I'd like to drive up and see it if you don't mind! I'm near Portland, Oregon.

Have fun!

John
smile.gif

Not an owner yet, but I expect to purchase
and start building sometime next. Either an RF
or a GTD, depending on the situation. Probably
RF though. Of course, the time table might move
up depending on the house progress.

Ian

GT40NZ in production (2) ONE TO BUILD CHROME SUSPENSION A/C
BRM TO COME. ONE BASIC TO BE AVAILABLE UPON DELIVERY TO U.S. SHORES. EST. TIME OF ARRIVAL LATE JUNE EARLY JULY.

Back