How about a GT40 head count ?

We have over a thousand members now on this board. I am curious as to how many of us in the U.S. have a car finished, or under constuction, and how many are earnestly thinking of having a GT in the near future. The brand of GT is not important.
I figured that a head count will give an idea as to when it will be a good time for a GT40 gathering. It will also tell me where the best place is to have a gathering.
I'm hopeful that next year there will be enough GT40's that I might be willing to organize a gathering. If I do this I want it to be a first class operation. Something that all will look forward to returning to again and again.
The UK boys have a good system and clubs that keep things organized. I'm sure I can learn plenty from their expierences.
Any and all suggestions will be helpful in making a decision. If any of you members that have been lurking instead of posting, please feel free to send me an e mail if you prefer.
This is something I really want to see happen and I'm willing to try and get it going. With the right input I can make a better decision.

Thanks guys, your participation is appreciated.

Hersh
smile.gif

Great idea, Hersh, I'd love to see a gathering of '40s next year to commemorate the 40th birthday of our favorite car. And it's never to soon to reserve track time. As for the venue, I'd suggest something in the midwest to accomodate folks on both coasts. Ideally, I'd like to see us at Road America either right before or after EAA's Airventure at Oshkosh, so I could do both events in one trip.
smile.gif

I'll start:

Car Status: Under construction (ETA spring 2004)

Howard Jones

Supporter
Well I'm in N Cal and plan return from paint this year. Car,GTD, is already running with most systems working,except AC, and am finishing up body fitting. I would love to attend a meet. I will more than likely trailer if out of area. On another note I would also love to know how many GT40's are running on the road in the US. I bet it's in the low 100s with less than 50 west of the rockies on the road. Anybody know? Maybe we could do somthing in conjuction with the cobra club on the west coast next year? You know it being our 40th and all.

[ May 25, 2003: Message edited by: Howard Jones ]

[ May 25, 2003: Message edited by: Howard Jones ]

Just starting my build (DRB GT-40), suspension in, starting plumbing (water, brakes etc). Hope to have in on the street running (not painted) in 6 months, with paint after the shake down cruises!

Hersh,

As you know, Jay and I are working on the Sabre GT40. Should definately be done in time for next years event.

I have sent you 2 e-mails. You getting them?

Wondering about the Knotts Ultima pictures.

Keith

G

Hi Hersh

Am planning a trip to US next year so depending on dates and location would like to be included if possible.

Malcolm

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Malcolm,

I know your plate is full but if you and the family want to stop by and visit you're welcome to stay with us. Hopefully we'll be in a new larger house by then and the beach house is also open to you if you give me dates ahead of time. Best,

Ron

Malcolm,
You and any of the other members have an open invite to stay here at my humble abode if it's not being used. I luv to have company that shares the same likes in autos. So if the wild west is more your cup of tea then come on out. I'm sure we will find plenty to see and do. Just remember June thru september it's well over 45C most of the time.
grin.gif

Hersh
smile.gif

G

Era on order 2.5 years and waiting. Have nos zf and a 351w/408 stoker just need the car

LLoyd

[ May 27, 2003: Message edited by: Lloyd ]

All-

Mine is an Integrity/KVA Mark I acquired in 1994. I am located in Central Ohio, and would really enjoy being a part of a national gathering. When I go to meets and shows, I am typically the only 40 present. So, attending a 40's event would be a blast. Organizing the meet around an event at an existing road course facility would be one way to draw attendees and provide a facility as well. I am 50 minutes away from Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, and this would be a great facility for such an event. Count me in...

Thanks-Jack

I have a South African built (Kit Car Centre) MKI that has been on the road since 2000. I had posted once about a great Ford meet in Tulsa, Oklahoma in June. This year it's June 19-22. They drive Wed-Saturday at a 10-turn road course ($120/day), cruise night drive, drag race day, car show, banquet, and other stuff to fill 4 days of blue oval heaven. Terrific accomadations at a Mariott hotel, all for reasonable prices and centrally located. Nothing to plan but show up.

Back