How many guys name their cars ?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
My wife calls it "The Thing" since shortended to Thing. I might put a sticker of a pair of severed hands on the rear quarter once it's finished.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Bill.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the 66 Mustang Fastback I'm currently restoring is going by the name "Godzilla"

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe,
Here in Australia, Godzilla is the name we give to all Nissan Skyline GTRs. They became the definitive Japanese monster in the 80s after blowing away everything in its path on the race track. I assume that your Mustang has no Japanese blood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My GT40 is just called The 40. It shared a stable with The 6 (a Triumph TR6) and The 5 (a Mazda MX5 also known as the Miata). In the past I also had The 2 (Toyota MR2) and The J (a Holden FJ - an Australian classic).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah...no japanese blood...but plenty of mine from rust welded bolts, inopportune placement of structural elements ("torque boxes? We don't need no stinkin' torque boxes!"), and a misfortunate event with a Magnum 500 wheel(call me the Special Ed Mechanic).

I call it "Godzilla" because it's a mutant vehicle. It will have a Mustang II IFS, Heidt's IRS, and a blown 5.0L DOHC Modular....and it will be emerald green. Plus I'm a huge fan of Godzilla movies from when I was a kid watching them on Saturday afternoons.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: How many gays name their cars ?

Ok, this is a bit Irish--but
"Punt" (pronounced poont as they refer to their pound--currency) cos it rhymes with bank manager ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: How many gays name their cars ?

I don't recall ever naming one of my cars but the wife refers to the GT as "THAT STINKIN' SKATEBOARD".

But she loves it!!!!

Ben

Back