How much of a GT40 body is interchangeable?

Does anyone know what caused the bottoming out and tire contact at Daytona?

I dont 'Know' but will venture the thought, Higher speeds & lateral 'G' on the banking, along with tire growth ( & possibly a change in tire manf/size ) resulting in more spring compression & suspension deflection than the guy who did the original MKIIa clip ever envisaged.

I dont 'Know' but will venture the thought, Higher speeds & lateral 'G' on the banking, along with tire growth ( & possibly a change in tire manf/size ) resulting in more spring compression & suspension deflection than the guy who did the original MKIIa clip ever envisaged.

I suppose it's simpler than I'm making it, but I wonder why they didn't increase spring rates, or even why increase tire size? Is Daytona an especially rough track.

Just to clarify, were there any differences between the Mark IIa clips and the Mark I clips?

I was reading one of the sites linked from here (can't remember which one) and they mentioned that the GT40 bodies aren't symmetric (from driver to passenger, unintentionally). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

If this is true, are there any molds (or bodies) that have been corrected or are more symmetric than others?

Back