I Got Screwed Royally!!!

Keith

Lynn, it's a good analogy but I would also see that action as a potential for the "mark" (if I may be so bold) waiting for the heat to die down and perpertrate the very same fraudulent sales strategy on another unfortunate in order to minimise his losses. Further down the evolutionary scale, this is what happens when traders get forged notes passed to them.

In many cases, they bide their time and pass them on because they don't want to take the hit.... :mad:

It is always buyer beware. It should be engraved on our heads....

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Bill,

Absolutely, don't let this go. With the reach of the forum members, distance is not an issue! The world is, indeed, shrinking. When I first read this, I thought small claims court. Now I am not a lawyer, but doesn't $7K (not to mention the cost of making the transaxle right) take this beyond that venue? I certainly think it makes it worth finding out if the sellar is just ignorant or if he is larcenous. (no pun intended ;-)

Keith,

In the words of Ed McMahon, "You are correct, Sir!"

Consumer Watch - To be balanced, this area can and should be used for positive results as well. We are always getting posts like, "Can anyone recommend a good (engine builder, radiator supplier, switch vendor,........)?" If we use this area right a quick search of it could answer these questions straight away. (Especially for items with huge number of suppliers to select from.) So, if a supplier has really shined for you, a post in the Consumer Watch section will help your forum brethren, now and in the future.

Lynn

Keith1 said:
here he is with a telephone number:

[SIZE=+1]David Blissett[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Lightning Lodge[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Fen Lane, Grainthorpe, Louth, LN11 7JY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]01472 389 394

More.....

Lincolnshire Aircraft Preservation Trust (LINCAIR)

[/SIZE]

I have had dealings with this character over Hartwell Latches too. I found him through the Lightning Society THUNDER AND LIGHTNINGS
I think he thinks that we are prepared to pay big bucks for Lightning radome latches, and when I spoke to him was quoting £400 a set. He promised to get back to me 'when some more became available in the New Year'.
I'm glad I didn't hear from him again!

Bill,

Sorry to hear about your pain!

While I'm not a lawyer, my brother-in-law in Ojai is. And over the years, I've heard more than one "war story" (of course leaving out names). One thing that I've learned from him is that a letter from an attorney to a problematic person can get results. I think a lot of people get freaked out when attorneys get involved. If you're willing to hire one, then you're willing to push it.....at least that's the "content" of the letter...

Then if that doesn't work, a couple o' goons and the "bat trick"... JUST KIDDING.

Good luck!

Dan

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
As long as those of us who vehemently deny being lawyers are at it, I'll add this to the issue. I know that here in TX the consumer advocates managed to get a law passed that allows an "injured" party to recover tripple the amount for merchandise that was intentionally misrepresented.

If the state in which the (suspected) perp lives has such a law, I'd bet a lawyer would jump at the chance to rattle his cage. Let's see--$7K X 3 = $21K. Let the lawyer take half (as if you could stop him, anyway). That leaves our Bill D with $10.5K--he ought to be able to come up with a pretty decent transaxle for that amount.

Here's hoping that's the way it works out!

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
I got info that a former forum member was ripped off by this person too. Bill, you know this person, contact me for details if you wish. Maybe the both of you, with the help of some East Coast forum members, could take care of this fellow.

I hate to see people get screwed.

Ron

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Gregg, (and Keith),
There is a consumer watch Television program here in the UK called Watchdog. It is a very powerful tool in the right hands and maybe they could be brought in on Greggs behalf. I invoked the mention of Watchdog recently whilst talking to a company called Anglian Home Improvements who seemd disinterested in honouring a warantee, and I invited them to come and see Watchdog making a video of the item they built being demolished which would be aired on national television.
They were here the next morning. It's a thought.
Dave M

Last edited:

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Dave, thanks for the info. I'm going to try one last time with Mr. Blissett before unleashing a forum member!

It is 12:34 am here and I have just sent Mr. Blissett's wife a pleasant email to pass onto her husband. Will advise if he replies.

Last edited:
Back