I think I spotted a real Gulf car in CA...

...on Hwy 101 earlier today! Wow!

GulfCab_Mar12.jpg

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Not only that (and I missed this the first time around) that Gulf car ALSO has the mandatory light on the roof!! these were used by the Gulf team cars to be able to tell the cars apart at night. This appears to be the original team car light on the roof, although it is not lit up, so I can't tell for certain. But I'm pretty sure it's the one that came on the car as original equipment. Very cool.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Erich,

Great photo, I just love the Gulf colors!

Hay Guy, how have you been? Its been a while.

I wanted to let you know, the Saturday morning Santana Row group has moved. Due to the loss of parking lots, we have moved across Winchester Blvd, in the movie parking lot next to the Mystery House.

When it stops raining we would love to see you and your car.

Not only that (and I missed this the first time around) that Gulf car ALSO has the mandatory light on the roof!! these were used by the Gulf team cars to be able to tell the cars apart at night. This appears to be the original team car light on the roof, although it is not lit up, so I can't tell for certain. But I'm pretty sure it's the one that came on the car as original equipment. Very cool.

Oops, I thought it was a Gurney buble......

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
The way things look at the moment, that there might be the closest I get to having one! Dunno whether to :laugh: or :cry: though!

Erich,

Great photo, I just love the Gulf colors!

Hay Guy, how have you been? Its been a while.

I wanted to let you know, the Saturday morning Santana Row group has moved. Due to the loss of parking lots, we have moved across Winchester Blvd, in the movie parking lot next to the Mystery House.

When it stops raining we would love to see you and your car.

Hi Jim,

thank you for letting me know :)

I'll be out there again in the spring/summer when the weather is warm and dry. See you soon Jim - enjoy your weekend.

Erich

Back