Identify CAV Clutch

Pat

Supporter
I have an early CAV and while I'm replacing the ring gear, I figure while I have it apart the clutch could be replaced as well. I have the AUDI 016 in it. Does anyone have a part number or other identifcation for the clutch and pressure plate?

That's a great question Veek, have been wondering the same thing myself (I also have an o16 in a CAV). Unfortunately, I have no idea what kind of pp and clutch are in there, but I'd love to find out!

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Just a guess, but I would think you can get the clutch parts from Kennedy Engineering, I know they supplied my adapter plate, pressure plate, center plate and release bearing.

Pat

Supporter
Thanks Tony. I think the early CAVs were delivered with their own adapter plate, clutch and the ever popular Ford 3.0L flywheel. I'll know this weekend as the motor is coming out and I'll look at the parts and see if I can get an ID. Worst case, I'll have a fresh stage 3 clutch made. My suspicion is that it is an Audi unit compatable with the Getrag but I'll know soon enough.

Veek,
I have the same CAV adapter and clutch in my car and I'm almost certain it's an Audi 5000 turbo clutch with a 5 pad metallic disk.
Steve

Pat

Supporter
Thanks Steve, the AUDI 5000 unit is exactly what it is. I'm upgrading to a SPEC Stage 3+ so it should make things considerably smoother and more durable.

Back