If this doesn't make you want a GT40, then check for a pulse

Re: If this doesn\'t make you want a GT40, then check for a pulse

Thanks Jon, I needed that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

That's the ultimate thrill-- full bore in the wet!.I've played it over and over, the sound is correct.

There you go Mr Morton,Jeremy can drive one (I assume) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith

I have 35mb video clip of this if anyone has broadband (or lots of shares in telecomms if on dial-up) and wants it on their computer permanently.Send me your email address and it's there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This is the same car that was shown on the film insert in the 'Top Gear' programme on the Ford GT this Summer.
At the time, someone asked which car it was and no one knew.
Because Clarkson said that this car 'came 4th at Spa in 1968', it can now be identified as 1004/1084, owned by Martin Colville.
Still, not even he can spoil the sound of that engine.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Re: If this doesn\'t make you want a GT40, then check for a p

Well since they are not going to have my car to me before Thanksgiving as promised. This will help in keeping me from salting my mashed potatoes with tears. (Or, it may actually make it worse :-( Thanks for posting it though, it's great!!!

Lynn

I was nursing a headache but after seeing that video, I feel so much better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the link!

Ok, I watched it earlier, now it appears to be off the server. Any idea's? Did someone save a copy to post here?

Tom, I saved a copy of it. It's just over 8mb. I can email it to anyone, just PM me. I haven't got anywhere to host it, maybe somebody else has.

[ QUOTE ]
I have 35mb video clip of this if anyone has broadband (or lots of shares in telecomms if on dial-up) and wants it on their computer permanently.Send me your email address and it's there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I am interested. How will we do the exchange. I do not think my e-mail can take that large of a file.

[email protected]
Thanks
Gary

Keith

I will mail the 35mb version (higher resolution) of this on a CD to anyone who sends me an email with their postal address. No charge. Let's put it this way - it's just sharing something I experienced in the flesh a lot of years ago now. Glad to do it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PS, if a few seconds of this video + Jeremy's (the knob) obvious passion doesn't convince the unbelievers, then you're already demised or at least need to get a life. Glorious sound!!! Bring it on!!!

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

I downloaded it and it is 8MB; still to big to upload here unfortunately.

I don't have room on my meager allowance of space on RoadRunner. Anyone have 8MB free that I can ftp it to?

Lynn

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

I did get the 8MB version ftp'ed onto the server, but cannot figure out how to make it available to you all as a download. Ron is in transit for holiday and will logon later this evening. I am sure he will know how to make it downloadable.

Regards,
Lynn

Hey that would be great. To email it I've had to chop it into 2 parts as my email does not let me send emails that are larger than 10MB. And believe it or not even zipped up that 8mb video, end up just over 10mb in total email size. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I've got it down pat now, emailed out about a dozen or so clips now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks to Keith as well. That's a really nice offer of posting out CDs to people for larger clips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith

To all those who PM'd me with their mailing address they're going out by snail mail Friday with a bonus clip of Jeremy testing the new Ford GT.

Onwards and upwards! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Forgive me but, who is this Clarkson clown anyway. The comment: “kit car......kinda plastic facsimiles…….” in the 'Top Gear' video was a bit condescending I felt.

Back