If this doesn't make you want a GT40, then check for a pulse

Keith

Re: If this doesn\'t make you want a GT40, then check for a p

Now there's a challenge not even Jeremy could resist. Someone with a sorted 40 contact the Top Gear people and offer him a test drive. He surely wouldn't pass that up, and having driven the "real thing", could he tell the difference? Would make very interesting TV. If I get where Jeremy's coming from (playing to the gallery) he would go for it. Who's up for it?

Sorry, I value my clutch, transmission and tyres too much to let those clowns loose in my car!

Several years ago - JC wrote a piece for the Sun newspaper depicting all drivers of mature age as road blocks and slow disasters on wheels.

Roy Smart, being 7?, took offence and challenged him to a lap or two at Goodwood to see just how fast 'an old fart' can be.

Whilst surprisingly Roy did actually get a personal reply from JC - it thanked Roy for his offer but stated that he was 'too busy' to take on the challenge and that the article was written to provoke response (rather than be accurate - God forbid!)

Coward!!

(having said that - he did look fairly committed at times in the Jaguar at the Nurburg Ring on Top Gear the other night - still, the lovely Sabine soon put him in his place!)

RON, thanx very much for posting this video. I was really disappointed when the original web address died last week. With your feed I don't have to cool my heels every 30 seconds waiting for another segment of the video to download. I do have one quibble with the video, though, when Clarkson says he's doing 5,000 rpm and 200 mph. That doesn't compute if the car has anything near original-size tires and final drive ratio, even a very tall Le Mans ratio. 200 mph needs around 7,000 rpm unless the tires and final drive are both very tall, in which case 6,000 rpm and a bit will do. However, whether Clarkson was doing an actual 200 mph or "just" 150 (!), the video is terrific.

Keith

Oh Ron you WOULD wouldn't you? Just as I have just run up and down the road mailing CD's all over the world! never mind, the exercise did me good. I think..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Keith

Right! I've now mailed 15 CD's of 2 Top gear clips. I know 2 have received them OK (Germany + 1 UK). All UK guys (except Martin's which went today) should have got them by now. As for the US, Australia and Canada,(Air Mail) you would know better than me, but I would allow up to 14 days given the vast leap forward in transport we have now made over the days when we sent colonists out to these very destinations - ooops, hang on, oh sorry, wrong forum - Ahem. er, anyway, er, I'm off now. Bye.

I have recieved my copy! Nice artwork /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks again!

Keith, just got mine in the mail...

Thanks!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith

Hi again CD guys! Just had a PM from a member who says the Clarkson Gulf '40 clip plays sound only. If anyone else has this problem, then here's what to do. Download the latest Windows Media Player (Version 10)free from Microsoft and it will tell you that you you are missing a Codec for this video file type. It should also offer you a link to the Microsoft Codec download page, a few seconds download and there you go....If it doesn't offer you a link (it did for me) just go to the Microsoft site and search for Codecs. Good luck, happy listening (and watching)

Keith

PS Hope y'all liked the Carroll Shelby/ MKIV pic. Well, he does look kinda pleased with himself!

Well Keith, at last mine has arrived. It's fantastic, love the artwork on the CD. No problems playing it. Thanks very much mate. Owe you one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: If this doesn\'t make you want a GT40, then check for a pulse

If you guys are interested this clip comes from a video called, THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS JEREMY CLARKSON VIDEO IN THE WORLD...EVER.i got it about two years ago,some great cars on it and the Tvr Speed 12 sounds awesome

Keith,
in this high res 35MB video clip of the GT40 is jeremy driving a number 9 Gulf coloured GT40??? on a wet track?, i would like to know because i have one like that and if it is the same there is no point in me asking you for a copy (is it like this?)

Attachments

• 48494-bscap038.jpg
    48494-bscap038.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 255

Keith

Yup! That's the puppy all right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hi Keith;
I would really appreciate it if you could send me the clip on CD. My mailing address is:
Mike Burns
12 Arbour Green Ct.
Moncton, N.B.
Canada.
E1G2G9

Once again thank you very much!
Mike

Sorry Gents:
I posted in to the message board in error! (Working nights does that sometimes!) I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer when it comes to computers!
My apologies: Mike

Thanks Keith, that will save u abit of money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man ... that clip is enough to bring back old memories of the GT40's at Daytona and Sebring during the day ... and restoke the NEED to get mine on the road!

THANKS,

Back