interesting Article from SF Gate

Al, you are right, the data I had was from 2006.

The current state rankings are

1 Alaska
2 Montana
3 New Mexico
4 Wyoming
5 Nevada
6 Colorado
7 West Virginia'
8 Arizona

Depression due to the long periods of darkness does not cover all these areas.

They are predominantly convervative with high rates of gun ownership.............

Lowest rates:

50 New Jersey
49 New York
48 Connecticut
47 Massachusetts
46 Illinois
45 Rhode Island
44 Maryland
43 California

They are predominantly...................................<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I wonder what the actual political leaning was of those that punched their own ticket? It's a cowardly, selfish act!
Conservatives would most likely want to punch someone elses ticket.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Nick,

I have to admit that I thought of that as well.

I'm not sure if her resignation would have a positive or negative effect, probably a very little of both.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Conservatives would most likely want to punch someone elses ticket.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by Al

I have to agree with you.

But the statistics seem to how more than that.

From what I've seen, concervatives by and large seem less likely to talk to others about things that are bothering them, that may have an effect.

Also statistics show concervatives tend to show somewhat less concern/careing about others, this may have an effect as well.

When you look at the number of attempted suicides compared to the number of actual suicides, having lots of guns around would have to play a part.

Last edited:
John,

Once again John, why do you think Wyoming has the highest suicide rate is in the country?

Pick one..........

Easy access to guns?

Uncareing concervatives?

All the happy people have left?

Living with mean, rude, people like you?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I'm going to go with an option that wasn't posted...personal unhappiness. Seems more realistic to blame the person for their actions, than blame objects or other people's moods...but I forgot, you're a liberal and liberals blame everyone but themselves, and can't help but sticking their nose in other people's business and trying to tell them how to live.

I find it so back-assward & amusing at the same time, that you are practicing dogmatic hate towards something you don't understand (conservative living in a rural setting), when that is a tenet preached to be unacceptable by liberals!:rolleyes:

Al, you are right, the data I had was from 2006.

The current state rankings are

1 Alaska
2 Montana
3 New Mexico
4 Wyoming
5 Nevada
6 Colorado
7 West Virginia'
8 Arizona

Depression due to the long periods of darkness does not cover all these areas.

Since you are obviously biased and bent on preaching your interpretation of the world outside the Bay Area, let me clue you in on some relative points...
1. our winters start in mid-September and end in mid-May...that makes for a 9 month winter
2. daylight savings ruins what mid-winter sunlight we actually receive, because dark arrives before the end of the working day...leave when it's dark, return when it's dark...very joyous
3. our cost of living is lower than many urban areas, but also higher than many rural areas because of population dispersion over such a large area and the costs incurred to distribute goods...this coupled with...
4. lower paying wages for 80% of the workforce compared to surrounding areas (Colorado & Idaho for example) means that over 50% of the population lives in an economically depressed condition...this societal schism isn't caused by lack of education, but lack of perceived need by business to compensate at market rate
5. bitterly cold winters
6. scorching hot summers
7. semi-arid desert climate
8. high winter snowloads
9. extreme WIND...

...all of which contribute to maladapted, weak-willed people excusing themselves for higher incidences of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, spousal abuse, child abuse, sexual abuse & suicides.

It has nothing to do with a conservative culture...it has everything to do with PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. If the vast majority of our culture didn't adhere to this concept, it would tear itself apart. The fact that it doesn't lends credence to support personal responsibility as a prime-factor in a thriving, stable environment.

Stop blaming US for what others do. Start blaming YOURSELVES for instituting a policy of enabling, justification, lack of accountability and short-sighted, self-centered, diversion-seeking escapism!!!

They are predominantly convervative with high rates of gun ownership.............

Lowest rates:

50 New Jersey
49 New York
48 Connecticut
47 Massachusetts
46 Illinois
45 Rhode Island
44 Maryland
43 California

They are predominantly...................................<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

They are predominantly sectors of the U.S.A. which helped contribute the greatest to the economic meltdown with their piss-poor fiscal policies and Wall-Street slot-machine mentality...they played fast & loose with their own budgets AND the pension funds of their employees (how's that safety net hanging?) ;)
With great power comes great responsibility.
All of the greater populated states you mentioned show great irresponsibility when it comes to demonstrating proper housekeeping...not exactly state role-models as you are hinting at.
California alone has a PRISON population more than 8X LARGER than our STATE population. Please don't tell us how to handle our affairs, we've got a firm grasp on the situation, Thank You.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee John,

Since apparently all your problems are my fault.........................

Is the gun part my fault too?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
California alone has a PRISON population more than 8X LARGER than our STATE population. Please don't tell us how to handle our affairs, we've got a firm grasp on the situation, Thank You.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by John

You certinally do not have a firm grasp on the truth!!!!!!!!

Wyoming population 2009....................544,270
California prison population...................170,000

Did you get your data from FOX?????

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
John,

We are still waiting!

Is it that you and Al's arguments are so poor that you need to use UNTRUE statistics to try and make a point that can not be made.

John,

We are still waiting!

Is it that you and Al's arguments are so poor that you need to use UNTRUE statistics to try and make a point that can not be made.

Jimmy-baby...c'mon! You are a petty lil old man, aren't you? Everytime you spout off with your vitriol and ignorance, it's ok, you're right, somebody else has a slip of the tongue, and you're all over them.

I got your number buddy ;)

I was wrong, the entire nation's prison population is 8x larger than our state population, California's prison population is 1/3rd the size of our state population.

I dunno where you got those population numbers for Wyoming, but they ain't up to snuff...I only trust what the State of Wyoming website has to say about that matter (not even the US Census Bureau).

Let's see here...2009 wasn't any kind of census date that I'm aware of...no state-wide elections took place that year...so not sure where that figure would have come from.

Jim...I know senility and frustration is a problem for our seniors, but could you please try to stay on-task here? I mean if you actually want me and others to believe that you are paid for your opinions, those opinions should have some basis in reality...otherwise I think people are paying you A) because they really enjoy fantasy B) they don't know what they fuck to think of the world and use you as a surrogate C) you confuse your disability checks with a paid endorsement from the state ;)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

You may not have been around long enough to see the pattern, but Wyld and a few others continually posts lies and mis-information to try and make a point.

Then when caught in these lies he reverts to childish name calling and attacks the person who points out his lies.

I have found that the only way to stop this kind of activity is to continue to point out the un-truths. It does seem to work to some extent.

It's been a while since we have heard the Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck miss-information, out of context posts we once found so prevalent here on our site.

Last edited:
Bill,

You may not have been around long enough to see the pattern, but Wyld and a few others continually posts lies and mis-information to try and make a point.

Then when caught in these lies he reverts to childish name calling and attacks the person who points out his lies.

I have found that the only way to stop this kind of activity is to continue to point out the un-truths. It does seem to work to some extent.

It's been a while since we have heard the Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck miss-information, out of context posts we once found so prevalent here on our site.

You are a fucking hypocrite, a twister of words, an opportunist of underhandedness and a closet fascist with a penchance for perjury.

If you knew what the fuck you were talking about, it would be one thing, but since you are guilty of far worse than the barbs you throw at others, it's intolerable that your overbloated opinion should get so much airplay.

You were likely a teachers pet, a slithering sycophant, a bosses foot-stool and a politician at various points in your life. There is very little that qualifies as redeeming in your traits.

You have been measured and found wanting...but not wanted.

You are a heel and the complete opposite of a gentleman. I know of no better way to describe you. You are an unpleasant person and a fount of ignoble bile.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Like I said when you catch them in their lies they get very angry, revert to name calling and attack the person who points out their untruths.

Like I said when you catch them in their lies they get very angry, revert to name calling and attack the person who points out their untruths.

No Jim, people get tired of being called a liar by a miserable manipulative cunt of an old man who's one of the biggest liars on the board himself.

Like the song goes...

I Pray For You:

I haven't been to church since I don't remember when
Things were going great 'til they fell apart again
So I listened to the preacher as he told me what to do
He said you cant go hating others who have done wrong to you.
Sometimes we get angry, but we must not condemn.
Let the good Lord do His job and you just pray for them.

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I'd like to
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls
I pray you're flying high when your engine stalls
I pray all your dreams never come true
Just know wherever you are honey, I pray for you

I'm really glad I found my way to church
'Cause I'm already feeling better and I thank God for the words.
Yeah I'm going take the high road,
And do what the preacher told me to do,
You keep messing up and I'll keep praying for you.

I pray your tire blows out at 110.
I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos.

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill.
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I'd like to.
Just know wherever you are, near or far, in your house or in your car,
wherever you are honey, I pray for you.
I pray for you

No Jim, people get tired of being called a liar by a miserable manipulative cunt of an old man who's one of the biggest liars on the board himself.

Like the song goes...

I Pray For You:

I haven't been to church since I don't remember when
Things were going great 'til they fell apart again
So I listened to the preacher as he told me what to do
He said you cant go hating others who have done wrong to you.
Sometimes we get angry, but we must not condemn.
Let the good Lord do His job and you just pray for them.

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I'd like to
Just know wherever you are honey, I pray for you

I'm really glad I found my way to church
'Cause I'm already feeling better and I thank God for the words.
Yeah I'm going take the high road,
And do what the preacher told me to do,
You keep messing up and I'll keep praying for you.

I pray your tire blows out at 110.
I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos.

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill.
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I'd like to.
Just know wherever you are, near or far, in your house or in your car,
wherever you are honey, I pray for you.
I pray for you

John,

People can make that prayer all they like but the God I know will not be listening to that particular prayer.

Last edited:
Bill,

Jim,

Ok we are getting way of track again but here goes.

As I have said before it is very difficult to debate by the written word you get no visual clues. The importance of this is shown by a close relative who is virtually blind and I have observed often does not see the visual clues given out when people are speaking directly to him and consequently draws the wrong conclusions, and they draw the wrong conclusions about him.

I have done this myself with John often drawing the wrong conclusions, for example I would have sworn blind from his posts that he was a current active serving member of the armed forces.

I will probably get flamed for this but in my honest opinion. To me a lot of John’s responses are so insidious, and opposite to what he posts, (and I will admit this post is partly insidious), that I do wonder if he really believes implicitly what he says, if it is just an angry heat of the moment response, or if he just says it to get a reaction.

As some have said to me "you won't even eat food that agrees with you" Perhaps it is best we all politely agree to diagree.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
No Jim, people get tired of being called a liar by a miserable manipulative cunt of an old man who's one of the biggest liars on the board himself

Gee John,

If you are tired of being called a liar, It's easy, stop posting untruths.

So if I am the biggest liar, you should be able to show us a few times were I posted un-truths.

When I call someone a liar, I then post what was untrue.

Last edited:
Back