International awards

international award winner
Ive designed a glow in the dark, hands free can opener and have decided it needs a bit of marketing exposure.

Now i realise that there are hundreds of web based "award sites" that offer prestigious awards out there but my question is do they actually still fool the public?
Most are around £150-£300 to enter and ensure every entry gets a mention or award and the better ones mix up recognised names without even the consent of the companies just to increase its overall profile. i.e hewlett packard etc etc

I have seen one with over 600 entries at £150... wow!!!

I would think this is sort of verging on a con but just want advice whether it would be worthwhile or you have any recommendations of these companies that are the better ones.

I see the ones with the better names will give a more prestigious feel for instance:

www.princecharles-business-awards.com was a good one but got closed down apparantly with loads of deposits also.

cheers

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
international award winner
Ive designed a glow in the dark, hands free can opener and have decided it needs a bit of marketing exposure.

Now i realise that there are hundreds of web based "award sites" that offer prestigious awards out there but my question is do they actually still fool the public?
Most are around £150-£300 to enter and ensure every entry gets a mention or award and the better ones mix up recognised names without even the consent of the companies just to increase its overall profile. i.e hewlett packard etc etc

I have seen one with over 600 entries at £150... wow!!!

I would think this is sort of verging on a con but just want advice whether it would be worthwhile or you have any recommendations of these companies that are the better ones.

I see the ones with the better names will give a more prestigious feel for instance:

www.princecharles-business-awards.com was a good one but got closed down apparantly with loads of deposits also.

cheers

you still working on that gary.... i know what you are like..... you come up with a great concept and then get bored and move onto something else without properly finishing it and developing it.
Mind you good idea on anything to actually get an "award"................ i have a third place at darley moor after bardging you out the way...heheheh

Zukun Plan: Automotive

perhaps these might be good to get onboard? they certainly do a good job

Speaking from experience Gary???? I didnt see a glow in the dark handsfree can opener option on the SLC, oops Aspira, oops whatever, perhaps you should be touching Craig up to install them for more exposure, rather than tipping $300.00 award entry fees into a large black hole... plus opening a can at speed in an open car is a sure way to remain sober while ending up smelling like a brewery:)

Craig Gillingham

please dont take the piss out of gary, he has made his way in life designing glow stuff....... my favorite was his toilet roll invention.
mind you it takes ages painting the roll as you have to unravel a standard roll and then paint and then reroll :stunned::stunned: all for £4.99

Glow In The Dark Toilet Roll | The Glow Company

i thought at the time that this should have been awarded awards left right and centre but then gary was hard pressed for cash to enter any competitions.

As time went by he nearly got his arse sued as this "great award winning idea" was obviously not, as the "paint" came off and left a nasty fluorecent skin burn that couldnt be removed for weeks.

i wanted him to "glow" some of the SLC stuff such as the "rear wing" so people could see it coming but we decided to make our own design in carbon.:laugh:

Speaking from experience Gary???? I didnt see a glow in the dark handsfree can opener option on the SLC, oops Aspira, oops whatever, perhaps you should be touching Craig up to install them for more exposure, rather than tipping $300.00 award entry fees into a large black hole... plus opening a can at speed in an open car is a sure way to remain sober while ending up smelling like a brewery:)

you just given another "bright" idea - glow in the dark beer!!!!

2 advantages i can see: 1) always find it in a dark and dingy nightclub, 2) easier to judge pissing up the wall competitions in the toilets of the same. :thumbsup:

possible drawback: splashing your shoes :thumbsdown:

Craig Gillingham

gary please dont rush in again on another project. think carefully

1) if everyone in the club has glow in the dark you are back to square one with hundreds of the same pint glasses glowing which now causes a glare
2) yes pissing up the wall competitions will be better for it for sure..but
3) think of the added problems most of us will now have fluorecent on and around our crutch area (giving it away), the peanuts on the bar will be yellow, when you make a girl laugh so hard she will leak glow and worst of all shaking hands with other people will become a thing of the past...:thumbsdown:

mmmmmmm some good points well made!!

not sure the logo on a bottle would look that good either?

perhaps I should charge somebody $300 to design a better one for me?

Attachments

• gooddesignlogo2.jpg
    gooddesignlogo2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 179
Glow in the dark opener???? How about a light switch? A TV show in the States ( I think is was 'Sharks' or something like that, will bid on your invention if it has merit.

1st attempt - not quite right!

if anyone wants to send me £150 they can design a better one for me.

Multiple entries will qualify for a discount

Attachments

• glow_beer.jpg
    glow_beer.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 167
This is a freebie to help you out Gazza, time you went up market a bit>>>

Jac Mac
many thanks for your submitted design entry - unfortunately we do not seem to have received your entry payment of £150 and are unable to accept your design for consideration until these monies have been received in full.

Please be advised that the closing date for submissions is 01/04/2010 and we look forward to receiving payment in due course.

regards

Gazza

Keith

please dont take the piss out of gary he has made his way in life designing glow stuff :laugh:

Dear oh dear, you DO like to live dangerously! Sounds like an open invitation to me mate..

I mean like this is a testosterone riddled oil covered gasoline soaked environment, what did you expect?

"Glow in the Dark Can Opener."

See? Britain is STILL Great! Who needs the US with ideas like that!

Go for it...... er, Gazza :thumbsup:

Jac Mac
many thanks for your submitted design entry - unfortunately we do not seem to have received your entry payment of £150 and are unable to accept your design for consideration until these monies have been received in full.

Please be advised that the closing date for submissions is 01/04/2010 and we look forward to receiving payment in due course.

regards

Gazza

Sorry Gazza, but since posting that info for you last night I have had to empty my PM box several times due to people wishing to place advance orders & other members wishing to become financial partners in ''Really Cold Rum'' should I wish to produce , expand the range, market, & consume the product here in NZ, many felt that our 'Clean & Green image plus DIY attitude would be much more benificial to the products image than to let you for example take it to the UK where it would likely be imitated by others & rebranded.
Obviously this will have advantages for those investors as they will be able to claim expenses involved in checking progess on an annual basis & as development will be an enjoyable experience [ particularly product testing ] they have few concerns as to whether it really gets to the market....
I/We realise that our failure to pay the entry fee to your awards by the due date [ Our legal adviser..April, who is not foolish.. pointed out that we have adopted the month/date/year formatt some time ago in line with the greater USA market potential & have therefore missed the cutoff date.] means we will have to forgo the accolades that come from such,... but as they say in this business.....you win some.. you lose some.....

Gotta go, the ice has just about melted in my Rum, & I see another email from a fellow in the USA about advertising on his website.....

PacaMac

very sorry but as 1 of the judges and I am unable to enter into further correspondence with you on the grounds that some may consider this unethical now that you have submitted a design.

We can state, however, that due to the confusion caused by the bizarre dating system currently in use in the US & NZ we are willing to extend the payment deadline by 1 week without requiring a late entry penalty payment.

we hope this meets with your approval

Gazza

Back