Inverted G50/52 Vent

Guys,

How did/would you fabricate a vent to go in the drain plug of an inverted G50/52?

I'd love some ideas that incorporate an inlet for cooled pumped transaxle oil.

Thanks!

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Mike, my two cents. Put a tee fitting vertically in the hole. Plumb the return transaxle fluid at the horizontal fitting. Extend the top fitting as vent. Reduce the top vent hole if necessary.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hmmm..... I could see that as a recipe for disaster with return oil getting blown out the breather. Definitely keep the two separate IMHO.

However it can't be difficult to fabricate two separate lines going through the bung, but why would you want to?

Keep the return completely separate and since you're going to the trouble of fitting a pump, position the return so it sprays onto the pinion. The bung is not always going to tighten up in the same position so I don't feel that's a good option through which to direct the spray.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Chris Duncan

Supporter
I drilled the center of the drain plug and tapped a 1/4" pipe thread, put a 90deg fitting and plumbed down to the floor and out with 1/4" thin wall alum tube.

Need to get that vent outlet away from the exhaust, so if trans oil ever spits out it won't catch fire.

Back