Is the right to bear arms outdated.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
But then wouldn't we need an extensive database, of all the gun owners and people who live with them. That way, if they start to act strange, we could come get the guns?

I though most gun owners were against an extensive database?

Last edited:
But then wouldn't we need an extensive database, of all the gun owners and people who live with them. That way, if they start to act strange, we could come get the guns?

I though most gun owners were against an extensive database?

All concealed weapons permits and gun owners since the late 80s are in a data base. All the mentally ill are seen from the time they enter school until the get out of school. Somewhere along the line they have a pretty good idea of what that person is capable of, they just don't pop up all of the sudden no more than the Newtown shooter or Fort hood shooter. People along the way neglected to do their job, there were plenty of warning signs.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Millions and millions??? We keep guns out of the hands of mentally impaired and medicated people, just as we keep these people from doing things like getting a pilots license.

Tom, you say that the answer to senseless gun slaughter is keeping guns away from "mentaly impaired and medicated people".

Tom,

One in Five American Adults Takes Psychiatric Drugs

The Wall Street Journal

The medicating of Americans for mental illnesses continued to grow over the past decade, with one in five adults now taking at least one psychiatric drug such as antidepressants, antipsychotics and anti-anxiety medications, according to an analysis of pharmacy claims data released Wednesday.

Tom, none of those millions and millions of people can be pilots, so you are saying they should not have guns in their homes as well!

Last edited:
Mr Craik,

I don't recall seeing your answer to my question.... If I provide you "this is a GUN FREE ZONE" signs, will you prominently display them on and around your house?

Mr Craik,

What about all of the law abiding gun owners who were able to prevent becoming victims because they were armed? You are determined to make harm come to them. How nice.

Tom,

If one of your family members needed medication, you would be ok with giving up your guns?
Tom, you say that the answer to senseless gun slaughter is keeping guns away from "mentaly impaired and medicated people".?
[/QUOTE]
If someone in my house is medicated, I would lock the guns as I do now.
Being that all of the people that do this are mentally impaired, it would be the logical thing to do, don't you think?

(Quote) Jim C. Tom, none of those millions and millions of people can be pilots, so you are saying they should not have guns in their homes as well!

Don't you think plain old common sense would dictate that if medication impairs the ability to fly a plane, that you would restrict gun ownership? This is all common sense, not rocket science.

Last edited:
Jim, I take it that you don't have any type of protection other than an alarm maybe. In the twenty minutes it takes for the average police response time, you would be dead many times over in a home invasion scenario. But you would die knowing that other people will share your fate if your beloved gun control takes place.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Don't you think plain old common sense would dictate that if medication impairs the ability to fly a plane, that you would restrict gun ownership? This is all common sense, not rocket science.
Posted by Tom

OK, now we are getting somewhere! If as statistics show, 20% of american adults are on "Psychiatric Drugs", Tom says the answer to our problem is to force doctors to give us the names of those milions and millions of people so we can go and take away there guns!

Do all the other gun owners agree with Tom, is it time to start rounding up their guns?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mr Craik,

I don't recall seeing your answer to my question.... If I provide you "this is a GUN FREE ZONE" signs, will you prominently display them on and around your house?

That makes as much sense as you putting up a sign that says "NEED A GUN?, there are lots of guns here", just break in and you too can be heavily armed".

But Jim, by your fairytail, unicorn, pixiedust filled world of banning guns, you would be, by default telling all evil people (criminals) that EVERY home is a gun free zone.

So my point is, you should be willing to put those signs up right now at your house. If you are not willing to do that, then you sir, are a delusional hypocrite.

And anyone who thinks an outright ban on anything will make that item go 'poof' and go away 100% is delusional. As I have pointed out before, cocaine and heroin are 100% illegal but yet there is still a huge drug problem in this country. It just proves that banning guns (which will only affect law abiding people) will not remove them from criminals.

And what about the thousands of law abiding citizens who refuse to be victimized every year because they prevented or stopped a criminal???? You want to turn those law abiding citizens into defenseless victims... How nice of you.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
And anyone who thinks an outright ban on anything will make that item go 'poof' and go away 100% is delusional. As I have pointed out before, cocaine and heroin are 100% illegal but yet there is still a huge drug problem in this country. It just proves that banning guns (which will only affect law abiding people) will not remove them from criminals.

No Danimal, not 100%, but close to 100%

Gun Murders 2010:

United Kingdom...............14
Japan............................47
Australia........................59
USA..........................9,369

Danamal, I'm sure that the family and friends of those 9,369 murder victims hope you enjoy stroking your guns, talk about selfish conservatives!

Posted by Tom

OK, now we are getting somewhere! If as statistics show, 20% of american adults are on "Psychiatric Drugs", Tom says the answer to our problem is to force doctors to give us the names of those milions and millions of people so we can go and take away there guns!

Do all the other gun owners agree with Tom, is it time to start rounding up their guns?

You don't want to invade someones privacy, but you're ok with that person maybe killing someone someday. It seems that the Doctor could when treating someone could put that in a database, no guns for that person. That's more common sense than taking guns away from 83,000,000 people because we neglected to keep them away from 4,000 mentally impaired.

No Danimal, not 100%, but close to 100%

Gun Murders 2010:

United Kingdom...............14
Japan............................47
Australia........................59
USA..........................9,369

Danamal, I'm sure that the family and friends of those 9,369 murder victims hope you enjoy stroking your guns, talk about selfish conservatives!

Well, as someone who did not become a victim because I was armed. I am still here, I don't consider that to be unreasonable. But I know you do consider me to be selfish.

If you really wanted to have ANY credibility about making this country safer, you would be campaigning against all causes of criminally caused deaths (I'm not even going to include items like tobacco). My neighbor was killed because an asshole was speeding and ran a stop sign. The guilty driver got a citation for running the stop sign, that's it. He KILLED my neighbor and got a f'ng ticket. If you wanted to make this country safer,.you would want tougher PENALTIES AND MANDATORY PRISON SENTENCES for people who actually commit the crimes. But you have proven that you really don't give a shit about any other criminal cause of death. And when you combine all other types of criminally caused deaths, outweigh gun related deaths.

So once again, proving OUR point that you are a delusional hypocrite.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I think that one gun lover finally told the truth about guns, Marc Posted this yesterday!

We don't need facts that every other country that emasculated its people don't murder as much as we do.

The truth is, he does not care about the 9,369 gun murders, he does not care about the devistating effect this has on their family or their friends, he just does not want to be "EMASCULATED"!!!!!!!!

His masculinity is totally tied to his macho death sticks, take those away and he is nothing. To hell with the thousands of deaths, he does not care!

This is nothing but a selfish, phallic, power thing!

Can you say "morally bankrupt"?

Last edited:

Steve

Supporter
I think that one gun lover finally told the truth about guns, Marc Posted this yesterday!

The truth is, he does not care about the 9,369 gun murders, he does not care about the devistating effect this has on their family or their friends, he just does not want to be "EMASCULATED"!!!!!!!!

His masculinity is totally tied to his macho death sticks, take those away and he is nothing. To hell with the thousands of deaths, he does not care!

This is nothing but a selfish, phallic, power thing!

Can you say "morally bankrupt"?

Sure, I can say that. Can you say "self-righteous arrogant elitist"?

Jim a more realistic set of numbers might be Murders per 100,000 population.
Canada 1.6
USA 4.8
U.K. 1.2
Australia 1.0
New Zealand .9
Germany .8
Still shows the US as high but a lot more realistic than comparing raw numbers. Researching the numbers it appears that about 55 0r 60 percent of murders are committed in the US with guns. In other words if you elimenated guns in the US we would still have about twice the number of murders per 100,000 when compared with many other countries. So what is the reason? It is obviously not just guns.

Last edited:
Back