Is the right to bear arms outdated.

Mr Craik,

I propose an experiment that is in line with your goal of a gun free country.

I will provide you multiple "this is a GUN FREE zone" signs for you to prominently display on and around your house.

Would you do that to show your support?

One U.S. Marine was more than a little displeased with California Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s draconian gun control proposal, which includes an assault weapons ban and provisions on handguns and even “grandfathered weapons.” The letter, written by U.S. Marine Joshua Boston, was titled “No ma’am” and was first posted on CNN iReport on Dec. 27. The letter has since gone viral and has been shared extensively on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, as it seemingly has resonated with a segment of the American population. Read Boston’s entire “No ma’am” letter below and then share it with others:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one. I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America. I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man. I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public. We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston Cpl, United States Marine Corps 2004-2012

SOUND OFF ON BIDEN'S ANNOUNCEMENT OF GUN LAWS BY OBAMA EXECUTIVE ORDERS

This abuse of power is precisely what the Second Amendment was meant to stop (74%)

Everything this president does seems to be perverse and unconstitutional (17%)

It's clearly an abuse of presidential authority to impose his will (3%)

Whatever happened to Congress making U.S. laws and the executive branch enforcing them? (3%)

The long lines at gun shows across the U.S. indicate Americans fear what this president is about to do (2%)

I applaud Obama's courage in going up against the gun lobby for common-sense regulations (0%)

I'll reserve judgment until I hear the specific measures he's imposing (0%)

It's exactly what's needed to solve the horrific problem of gun violence (0%)

I agree with Clinton aide Paul Begala who said, "The stroke of the pen, law of the land. Kinda cool" (0%)

It's appropriate use of executive power. He won the election (0%, 0 Votes)

Other (1%)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

As we have seen from the stuff Pete posted, there is a lot of, less than truthful information, being put out by the pro gun folks.

That little video you posted is just full of lies!

They posted a chart, that said that after the 1996 gun ban that:

Gun murder in Australia increased by 19%

Tom that is BULLSHIT!

This chart shows the Australian gun homicide rate, per year.

Australia Rate of Gun Homicides Per 100,000 People Source: GunPolicy.org

Tom, since the Australian gun ban went into effect in 1996, the munber of gun murders has done down substantialy!

Additionally, there have been ******NO******mass gun slaughters since the gun ban!

You all must keep an eye out for as FOX News says "LIES THAT CONSERVATIVES TELL TO MAKE THEM SELFS FEEL BETTER"

Tom look at this chart, Japan, Australia and the United Kingdom have gun bans, the USA does not.

Tell us again how gun bans do not work!

Last edited:
Of course Jim, the video is wrong and your charts are right. Do you know how to communicate without being divisive and condescending?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee Tom, post truthful data and I'll be just as friendly as anyone. But like most folks I do not like to be mis-led!

In an important discussion about the causes of thousands and thousands of deaths, don't you think using real data should be required?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Of course Jim, the video is wrong and your charts are right. Do you know how to communicate without being divisive and condescending?

Tom don't just complain, why don't you show us REAL Australian gun murder data that proves your point.

Real numbers of Gun Murder, by year, are not hard to find.

If you think I'm wrong, prove it!

Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,
okay you don't need a gun, your more man than I and can deal with any life threatening issues bare handed. you don't need a gun because your allergic to venison and you think that snakes and coyotes are cute. You don't need a gun because you can buy any food you want at the corner market. you don't need a gun because you live in California and everyone there is on medical marijuana and couldn't shoot straight if G-d did the pointing. Uh oh I brought Him into the discussion. You don't believe in Him, the dollar bill, and the Constitution. So why do you continue to worry about everyone else and the rights the America so won in declaring freedom from the British Empire.

We don't need facts that every other country that emasculated its people don't murder as much as we do. Whether with a gun or not is not the question. The real issue is you are willing to give up your rights to bear arms, are you willing to give up your rights to being considered equal? How about the right to own your GT40? I know California is doing its best to get rid of your car and make you ride the bus. or some goofy train. You can give up your rights, but stop offering others who don't wish to give up theirs.
Your fellow American with a different point of view.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Marc,

California has some of the most liberal specialty constructed car laws in the world. When I registered P/2264, I was given a "lifetime smog exemption", but I was required to add two mirrors and a licence plate light, thats it! I have driven over 35,000 miles without a front licence plate, no one cares, oh the tyranny!

Now Marc, if GT40s, were being used irresponsibly, if they were left lying around where crazy folks could get them, if they kept crashing into schools and killing childeren, then I'd be the first to call for a stop the slaughter. Let me know if that happens.

Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, you have got to be nuts. I know CA laws, I lived in San Diego for 2 decades. Cars, Guns, what ever. stop believing that you will fix the problem by a simpleton solution. There are too many good people out there that you can trust but a couple you cant. Thats the problem. And when somebody who gets a soap box and an opportunity to say what they want, well congrats you have just used your 1st amendment rights. But you think that the something that important was taken away from you, its okay because a few kids are dead. Believe me, I am sorry that they died.There are so many instances of crazed actions by people all over this country, and as the problems that have been caused by the direction of leadership have not helped solve those problems you can bet there will be more crazies doing unspeakeable things. Bans on assault weapons aren't the answer. Bans on larger magazines for guns isn't the answer. They are just pathetic excuse by government to blame someone else for not doing its job. All the laws needed to stop that slaughter were already in place. And due to those who are "in power" who decide what laws they want to act on or not. You can look up and down our government and see this in action. today police are tasked with generating more revenue by speeding ticket. tomorrow they are to be seen addressing more stolen cars.
What we have is a lazy government which worries more what the media thinks that what they should be doing. Quite pathetic.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Marc

So you say it's the government fault.

If as you say, "all the laws needed to stop the slaughter are already in place".....

Marc, who made those laws?

Aren't the police tasked wth enforcing laws?

Tell me, which laws, that are not being unforced, would "stop the slaughter"?

Last edited:

Steve

Supporter
Comparing the US to other countries is irrelevant. Apples and oranges.

After 27 pages on this thread, the only certainty that's been established is everyone disagrees with Jim. Somehow, I do find that comforting.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Okay Jim,
Jim First I am not going to masturbate over all the California and Federal rules and regulations, they are obviously available to find on the net or any California Library. Or Connecticut where the event happened.
So by detailing what I posted and trying to pick apart the my editorial you will try to prove what? That our govt is at fault. Why? To prove what?
The boy was mentally unstable and had a problem. He used a gun to "slaughter some kids. Why does the action of 1 looney dictate, how the whole of society should be "handled"?

Jim are you a owner of a gun store? For the your actions you have made gun dealers very wealthy right now. More people are concerned for their 2nd amendment rights than ever before. I spoke to a friend who is caught up in all this and he is pulling in 500K a day on the weekends

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Marc, the NRA, and now you, have been saying that for as long as I can remember. They say, we don't need more gun laws, if they would just enforce the laws we already have, folks would stop dying.

Marc, you just said that, you must have some idea what laws you were talking about.

Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Jim, I do. 1st starts with the how one acquires a gun in the country, How you can use it where and how it must be transported, not to mention another dozen or so regarding the discharge of a gun and the offense of taking a persons life. So back to the same point, does the actions of one mandate the changing of the Constitution of the United States? Twenty children died. How many died to create the Constitution, How many have died defending the Constitution? Are you willing to risk your life for the country you love and have been afforded all these rights?

Marc,

California has some of the most liberal specialty constructed car laws in the world. When I registered P/2264, I was given a "lifetime smog exemption", but I was required to add two mirrors and a licence plate light, thats it! I have driven over 35,000 miles without a front licence plate, no one cares, oh the tyranny!

Now Marc, if GT40s, were being used irresponsibly, if they were left lying around where crazy folks could get them, if they kept crashing into schools and killing childeren, then I'd be the first to call for a stop the slaughter. Let me know if that happens.

You never did give me a stat on the number of killers involved in the 12,000 gun killings, but I imagine the number is in the area of 4,000 or so. So out of 310,000,000 people we have 4,000 that showed signs of being screwed up but were ignored, and they all had signs. It's not the guns fault, a bunch of humans fucked up.
You can choose to believe that your charts are the golden truth and that a bunch of victims on a video are liars. What ever floats your boat Jim.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, in your scenario, the 4,000 are not the only ones who "showed signs", They were just the very very few who actually did something. There were millions and millions of others who "showed signs", do we just round them all up?

Last edited:
Tom, in your scenario, the 4,000 are not the only ones who "showed signs", They were just the very very few who actually did something. There were millions and millions of others who "showed signs", do we just round them all up?

Millions and millions??? We keep guns out of the hands of mentally impaired and medicated people, just as we keep these people from doing things like getting a pilots license.

Back