Is This Normal?

Bill, on your other thread you said that you later tow started the car, after which it stalled and then restarted on its own starter, then stalled/stopped again as you drove it into the garage--- could be an earth or poor connection gremlin causing all three problems--- time to shake/wriggle some wires etc I think.

Last edited:
Bill, on your other thread you said that you later tow started the car, after which it stalled and then restarted on its own starter, then stalled/stopped again as you drove it into the garage--- could be an earth or poor connection gremlin causing all three problems--- time to shake/wriggle some wires etc I think.

Good point! I didn't even think about that possibility. I'll look into that.

Thanks again

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Most start-up issues are electrical. W.R.T the starter, some people have melted wires that were too close to the sump and had shorting across the starter.
I had fuel pump issues that were as a result of powder coat interference b/w earth wire and chassis. I also had issues starting when cam position sensor wiring had been crimped under the manifold by accident - that took ages to sort out....
Lesson learnt - Check your wiring....

Bill, stuff is breaking or doesn't fit all the time - even with a new car there are often annoying gremlins that plague the overall experience.

Here's an idea: to keep up your enthusiasm, go for a ride with a fellow GT40 owner where you are in southern CA....someone who has a pretty well sorted GT40. I'm sure there are several fine fellows here who would be happy to do this with/for you.

I promise you, after that ride your batteries will be recharged and you'll be ready to tackle each problem as it comes with optimism and determination.

Keith

Bill, I can't bear it any longer mate. Send it to me immediately.

PS, I will pay the freight. :blank:

Back