Jimmymac & Alistair's Cars

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Clear on and flatting and finishing next week.
fullsizeoutput_8a9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_8ae.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_8ac.jpeg

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
The polishing was finished today at long last so things might start moving on at a pace now.
I need to strip it down and clean the suspension whilst I get the black on the chassis. My wiring loom has been loop checked and tagged already so I am very much hoping to get a lot in before the year end.
We now have all the goodies for Alistair's spare engine which is a 289 this time and it's ready for assembly so this has been another win.
fullsizeoutput_928.jpeg

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
The polishing was finished today at long last so things might start moving on at a pace now.
I need to strip it down and clean the suspension whilst I get the black on the chassis. My wiring loom has been loop checked and tagged already so I am very much hoping to get a lot in before the year end.
We now have all the goodies for Alistair's spare engine which is a 289 this time and it's ready for assembly so this has been another win.
View attachment 94584
I am drooling. I don't care what anyone says, this is the best color for a 40. Looks so damn perfect.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Having a tidy up here and sorted out the mold patterns for our pedal boxes.
It was a tricky job and lot of work went into them but these will be moving on as they take up too much space.
fullsizeoutput_964.jpeg

No they are being cut up and recycled.

Blasphemy!

I can't imagine the work involved into them. Please, do not destroy these work of art and love! How much did they cost? Several thousands probably.
Why do not resell them. No personal interest, but, for what it's worth, I've been trying to make patterns by myself, and i know how much it takes to make some.

Olivier.

Pedro

Supporter
This is what I did for my pedal box patterns, didn't need to cut them up at all they just went up in smoke on a foundry fire.

Attachments

• PB.JPG
    PB.JPG
    362.5 KB · Views: 506
I would really lover to understand how you go about making something like those patterns.
I cant understand how you get the sand mould to release from the one on the left Pedro.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Blasphemy!

I can't imagine the work involved into them. Please, do not destroy these work of art and love! How much did they cost? Several thousands probably.
Why do not resell them. No personal interest, but, for what it's worth, I've been trying to make patterns by myself, and i know how much it takes to make some.

Olivier.
Olivier,
Look below my friend, the patterns have served me well and one cannot keep every jig and fixture as well as the finished parts.
The development and engineering for stuff like this is the enjoyable bit to me but I treat most of it as sacrificial when complete.
I would have no room to move on another project soon if I kept everything.
IMG_0444.JPG

Back