Joe’s AP MK1 Gt40 build

Got it, alot of cursing, shifting and heating but its sitting good
23A610DE-DACC-409B-A54E-864CF99C45C7.jpeg
C45D86F7-EF2D-4080-9ABD-D50DE080615D.jpeg
E479E6A3-516D-46DB-8FED-01B5D43B6C55.jpeg
57CDA19C-A24B-4813-BAB3-615F39D134E3.jpeg
D3F5D24B-D14D-4330-9B9C-D24AAC6B95C6.jpeg

I spend 2-3 hours every night on it, helps me unwind from work lol.IMO i think body fitment is a great start from others I've noticed.
I haven't messed with mine too much yet, but my panel gaps seem to be off. Did you have to do much moving around after it came off the trailer?

I haven't messed with mine too much yet, but my panel gaps seem to be off. Did you have to do much moving around after it came off the trailer?
Not at all BUT now that I set spider for windshield I have to move everything. I noticed in pics of your car you are going to have same issue as me being for some reason the left side of body has to be raised roughly 1/2 to be even.

So my first start may be delayed :(my transaxle gear oil is on backorder,who would of thought SMH. @jlwdvm may want to order yours lol. PTX 75-90 is the best for our trans.

Says it's in stock.
Thats crazy, i just checked last night and said “on order” so i bought from sunset Porsche as said “in stock” then got email saying the 4th. Im ordering from pelican now, see what comes first lol.
Thanks

Made dash support mounts, dont mind screws their temp lol. Putting it together so i can test all systems before startup. Put steering wheel on so i know exactly where i want to put switches
912FE4EB-A2E6-4148-9352-6CE644CA648A.jpeg
18EFAB4B-AD37-4C22-9E2D-04CCF2C9D3EC.jpeg
77723894-1F9A-4A39-92F3-19A5C72F9ED8.jpeg

Something I noticed today. I have my bottom pan screwed in temp with 3 screws in the tunnel. Not a good idea. I was planning 2 rows of rivits, but it needs to be 1 row in the middle or very close to the edge so the protrusions are not rubbing on the bottom of the coolant tubes. You're row of screws in the tunnel reminded me.

Something I noticed today. I have my bottom pan screwed in temp with 3 screws in the tunnel. Not a good idea. I was planning 2 rows of rivits, but it needs to be 1 row in the middle or very close to the edge so the protrusions are not rubbing on the bottom of the coolant tubes. You're row of screws in the tunnel reminded me.
on the floor I put 1 row down center underneath 4” on center.I drilled a tapped everything in tunnel before running coolant tubes. All bolts are 8mm long so tunnel is clear of them all. I used SS button head Allen bolts on everything rather than rivets so it’s all removable. No bolts touch the tubes

I usually like rivnuts on anything lighter than 3/16" with anything bigger than #8 screws.

I'm wanting to pack coolant, heater, AC brake and clutch in there, so every bit is precious.

Looking great.

I usually like rivnuts on anything lighter than 3/16" with anything bigger than #8 screws.

I'm wanting to pack coolant, heater, AC brake and clutch in there, so every bit is precious.

Looking great.
Thanks. Your tunnel is much taller than mine so you have room for rivnuts being they protrude the backside. I dont mine is very tight, so i tapped and used fine thread bolts to get as much thread possible. The fine thread really grab, i have yet to spin one out.

Do you have smaller than a 4x3 tube in the center?

I've been trying to pinpoint what's different in our chassis. Mine omitted the lower A arm clearance pocket, but I've added one.

I'm dropping down to 1.25" coolant tubes. I'll bell back up to 1.5 but for the straight run in metal and using the truck water pump, I think I can get away with it. If not, I can add a booster pump in the front later.

Do you have smaller than a 4x3 tube in the center?

I've been trying to pinpoint what's different in our chassis. Mine omitted the lower A arm clearance pocket, but I've added one.

I'm dropping down to 1.25" coolant tubes. I'll bell back up to 1.5 but for the straight run in metal and using the truck water pump, I think I can get away with it. If not, I can add a booster pump in the front later.
My tunnel is 2x4 od, just enough for the coolant tubes to fit. WP should not be a problem

I've received most, if not all of my dropp-shipped parts from Chris. One thing that has me wondering is the size of the radiator....that thing seems tiny! Didi you consult with anyone about its ability to cool your 427? I'll be shooting for around 500 hp with a Prestige 363 or 427. I suspect the long coolant pipes help make up for the small radiator.

Back