Joe’s AP MK1 Gt40 build

More update pics from chris today. sooo close to coming home
B74CE724-F61D-49CC-A946-3643EF327958.jpeg
EC03863C-9F09-4649-ABA8-A0901AEA97BB.jpeg
35B2061B-99EE-4239-9C77-0F97C9482BFD.jpeg
B6D9F930-D6C1-49F7-BACB-509D7FA48B8B.jpeg

I'm considering a build and was wondering why you chose AP?
communication is important for the amount of money these kits cost.at the time when I was reaching out to companies inquiring about there cars it took days/weeks to hear back from them via phone/email.Chris was instant or within a few hours.which im glad it worked out that way cause I liked his design over others to begin with. AP chassis is designed to use modern suspension+components (c5). car will be driven every weekend on street/track. With that said parts are easy to source compared to others that is for there chassis only. If i bend a control arm i can get next day not a month or 2 depending on inventory, an axle i can get locally ect. The best part is I get weekly progress pics. Good luck on your build, all the companies are good just need to see who your most comfortable dealing with cause at the end your giving them a decent amount of money and in contact with them for MONTHS lol.
Joe

I'm waiting for a callback from AP. I'm a little confused...How far do they take the build?
I purchased his complete roller package with just about every option other than full rollcage.suspension, fuel tanks and all body panels mounted and hinged,no electrical or plumbing of brake/fuel lines im doing all that.he will do what ever stage you want even take the car to turn key.

Mine has been sitting in the garage for a month now. I'm dying to get to tig welding some exhaust, coolant and intercooler tanks. I'm still waiting on heads and Mendiola transaxle and some spare time.

I finalized the details in September '21, and picked up Mid June. The 4" extended new fiberglass pieces held up up a little, and I wasn't pushing.

That's a lot quicker than I was expecting!
I'm finishing up the mechanical-fab portion of my '66 fastback project, with body work to be done this winter-spring and paint next summer. I do it all except laying down final color, so things take a while. I'm on the wait list for a new C8, but strongly considering a GT40 build instead, because I'm gonna need something to work on.
Thanks for the info!
3501.jpg

That's a lot quicker than I was expecting!
I'm finishing up the mechanical-fab portion of my '66 fastback project, with body work to be done this winter-spring and paint next summer. I do it all except laying down final color, so things take a while. I'm on the wait list for a new C8, but strongly considering a GT40 build instead, because I'm gonna need something to work on.
Thanks for the info!View attachment 123824
Looking great, your garage looks VERY clean aswell lol. recently finished my cobra,just waiting to send for paint. i agree I try to plan my builds so I always have a project. My garage is my therapist

Vinny P

Supporter
Freakin awesome! Looks like you made a good choice with wheel and tire size. Did you go with the 2" flares? Hard to tell from the photo angle.

Nothing bothers me more than not getting a response back from a company. I have not received any updates in atleast 2 months on my engine and been trying to get intouch with someone from prestige for 2 days!!!! Its past my estimated ship date. All i want to know is a current update is that alot to ask for?? SMH, ok rant over

Prestige built the 363 that is in my 66 mustang. We started the build in early 2021 and I think I had the motor in my garage in less than 4 months. We had a few parts that held everything up. I've been talking with Doug (mostly after hours) about working out a few bugs in the Terminator X.
I talked with Chis at AP last week. Looking at getting an order put together within the month. Any last words of advice?

Neil

Supporter
Prestige built the 363 that is in my 66 mustang. We started the build in early 2021 and I think I had the motor in my garage in less than 4 months. We had a few parts that held everything up. I've been talking with Doug (mostly after hours) about working out a few bugs in the Terminator X.
I talked with Chis at AP last week. Looking at getting an order put together within the month. Any last words of advice?
Don't feel bad... I have had a set of King engine main bearings on order now for months with ship dates coming and going regularly. I finally managed to contact King Bearings directly and they said the planned ship date was going to be 23 January 2023! (grumble, grumble...)

Thats awesome, Chris is great to deal with. Smooth sailing lol.
Thanks

Back