Joe’s AP MK1 Gt40 build

Now you have a great place to put your luggage, or as Jay Leno said about the trunk in the new GT..."maybe a pair of panties".

Chris has been plugging away at it. He has been a little short on help in the shop, so he's the one doing all the work on my build. I'm waiting on wheels to get to me from ET so I can paint them black or super dark gray (haven't decided yet) and get them shipped to Chris. I think I found the last set on 335 Toyos in the country earlier this year and had them shipped to the shop (Chris sourced the fronts). I'm doing body work on my 66 at the moment so I'm in no hurry.
body1.jpg
dg66.jpg

Does your O2 bung come in at 9:00? Usually it comes in at 10-11:00. Not sure if that will matter, but I would do a exhaust leak test before you fire the motor. Doug had me do that when we were trouble shooting my Terminator X AFR pegging at 35 and the motor running super rich. I used soap and water, and taped my shopvac hose (put the hose in the vacuum exhaust side) to the end of my exhaust pipe. There were leaks and i fried my O2 sensor from all the fuel.

Does your O2 bung come in at 9:00? Usually it comes in at 10-11:00. Not sure if that will matter, but I would do a exhaust leak test before you fire the motor. Doug had me do that when we were trouble shooting my Terminator X AFR pegging at 35 and the motor running super rich. I used soap and water, and taped my shopvac hose (put the hose in the vacuum exhaust side) to the end of my exhaust pipe. There were leaks and i fried my O2 sensor from all the fuel.
O2 is a 11. I spun the collector after took pic

Question. I need to setup up the rear swaybar location, does it get set with suspension on load or off?
Thanks

Im thinking about changing headlights. i’m not too crazy about taking that size opening out of housing. Or Am i overthinking again? Lol
4D8D678C-8BFB-44A4-8C09-E4E84ACA29CE.jpeg

You must be trying to set some kind of record for shortest build time!
How do body gaps look at delivery?
Im trying to have car out this season, unpainted of course,that will happen end of season. Body gaps are not bad at all the way it leaves chris. Needs fine tuning yes but for the most part its nothing like i see on others the way it comes. In beginning of build i put center lines down chassis for reference points. When i did my centers on body panels chris was within a 1/16 to my chassis marks so hes not just throwing body on and shipping.

So, what's the story here.

My cohort that got us the 2 cars, he's been talking about Candice's car, and I've been talking about Butt End's car, and what similar directions they were going in and the break neck speeds they were both making, and over beers this weekend, figured out we were talking about the same car.

So, what's the story here.

My cohort that got us the 2 cars, he's been talking about Candice's car, and I've been talking about Butt End's car, and what similar directions they were going in and the break neck speeds they were both making, and over beers this weekend, figured out we were talking about the same car.
Lol candice is my wife, i use her facebook as i dont have an acct.im not a socialmedia person only stuff for the cars. @Ryan Love called me out aswell :D

Back