Joe’s AP MK1 Gt40 build

Pretty much the only thing i was not crazy about on my car is the fuel filler design. anyone with an AP will know what im talking about, till now. After searching and going off the path a bit i found these stainless steel filler & cap that fits perfect inside the lemans cap and puts hose on the perfect angle with out any bends to tanks. YATZEE lol
7452E346-03E0-4630-82D5-3B2F5E9B5F1E.jpeg
314F5F75-02C8-441B-AA44-221DFA193AA4.jpeg

Joe, do you have a link to the stainless filler pipes you ordered.
Thanks
Regards Brian
I found on eBay, there for a boat but it’s like they where designed for a gt40 and lemans cap lol. The little handle in center that says “fuel” slides up to turn.very nice quality piece.

Devin

Supporter
I found on eBay, there for a boat but it’s like they where designed for a gt40 and lemans cap lol. The little handle in center that says “fuel” slides up to turn.very nice quality piece.
I’ve used those on my ‘46 Chevy shop truck...just make sure you have another vent in the system or drill a really small vent hole in the cap under the flip handle

Joe, did you cut out that section of the footbox above the rear of the lower control arm? I notice that on my car this it not cut out and it looks like it would hit with a good bounce.

Thanks,
Rick

Joe, did you cut out that section of the footbox above the rear of the lower control arm? I notice that on my car this it not cut out and it looks like it would hit with a good bounce.

Thanks,
Rick
Hey Rick,
No, i did not cut any part of the foot box. The only adjustments I made on chassis was the motor and trans. I raised both so they do not sit lower than chassis rails. Are you talking about infront of tanks or inside?
Joe

Where the lower control arm rear half mounts you have a little notch in the footwell for clearance. Rick and I do not have than clearance notch and it looks like the control arm could possibly hit the footwell on full compression.

Thanks man!

We think we need to add that. The LCA bottoming out on that could be not good.

Here's a pic of me opening up the holes to fit a 14mm bolt. Chris shorted us with a 1/2" hole.

Did you notice the inclination on yours? The back of the LCA is about 1/2" higher than the front.

I have the aluminum nose support removed for easy access.

Attachments

• PART_1678834407174_image000000.jpg
    PART_1678834407174_image000000.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 128
Thanks man!

We think we need to add that. The LCA bottoming out on that could be not good.

Here's a pic of me opening up the holes to fit a 14mm bolt. Chris shorted us with a 1/2" hole.

Did you notice the inclination on yours? The back of the LCA is about 1/2" higher than the front.

I have the aluminum nose support removed for easy access.
Yes I’m pretty sure mine is inclined Aswell. I will check when I go back in garage and confirm. Agree I’d most certainly think the notch is needed.

I briefly looked at mine this morning and it looks like my relief isn't as deep as yours. From looking at the pictures, it looks like the front of the A-arm might hit anyway (even with a relief cut at the rear). You might want to remove the spring and find out how much articulation you have.

I briefly looked at mine this morning and it looks like my relief isn't as deep as yours. From looking at the pictures, it looks like the front of the A-arm might hit anyway (even with a relief cut at the rear). You might want to remove the spring and find out how much articulation you have.
The front of CA I have plenty of travel room.

Lights all cut out, fluids all filled and bled. waiting for battery then firing her up :cool:. Last part of wiring is wiper motor so i put windshield in to locate spider position and this is what im dealing witho_O tomorrow is another night lol
0505EE95-F29E-40DE-A5FA-569F4DCC9891.jpeg
DD1DD4BD-096C-4876-917C-F9164FC5DE48.jpeg
7E5E6EB7-EC8E-4A2C-812C-EF4170FADCC4.jpeg
34366B1A-B829-4906-9EDE-398436DDF5FD.jpeg
0328BC89-1FF2-45F4-9A83-A42BCE0B68BE.jpeg
1F56B8EE-A373-4540-B24E-FB9988BB8CD6.jpeg
D6B0533C-D679-4E5D-A3F8-662D33F15DD0.jpeg

Back