Joining From Southeast MI

Hello Everyone

I have become very interested in building a GT40 sometime in the not so distant future. I think ultimately I would like to do an RCR chassis with a scratch built Aluminum body.

I am currently in "lockdown" in south east Michigan. I am a toolmaker and machinist by trade, with a deep background in stamping die build and design. I currently own a small jobshop type machine shop.

If anybody needed help with cad design, or wanted parts machined I would be glad to assist. To be clear I did not join to sell anyone anything, I just wanted to put my capabilities out there if anyone needs help.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com ...
Please abide by the rules you agreed to when you joined our forum. You must use your REAL NAME here rather than a handle.
Thank you.

Hi Shawn, welcome aboard!

Hmm, RCR chassis with a scratch built aluminum body...interesting concept.

It's odd I know but I like the aluminum chassis and am not worried about originality. I have been closely looking at the original monocoque and find it to be way over complicated and too costly for what it is.

I think that the new monocoque designs (RCR and CAV) are the best bang for the buck. The key geometry points are all very similar to the original, but the build and mfg process is far simpler and superior for low production numbers. If I purchased a continuation car I would be afraid to use it.

Back