Joining the Family

What has everyone else's experience been like with lead time/delivery of their SL-C?

I ordered mine 28 weeks ago (February 8th) and it is still not ready. I sent in my final payment and tires back in May as requested. Fran stated 16 to 20 weeks is the normal delivery when I placed the order. Now we have hold ups due to the suspension/hub design change, fiberglass shop was held running late, weld shop was held up, they hired a new floor and parts manager, etc. Is this normal with RCR? Just looking for some input/past experiences to help me keep my patience for what I am certain will be well worth the wait.

Staying positive! Am not on here bad mouthing RCR by any means, just need someone to give me a warm, fuzzy feeling, LOL.

It's pretty normal time-wise, but does seem to take longer than expected. I ordered mine Jan 3, 2017 and received it July 22, 2017, so you're right around the same time frame as mine was at. Just wait till it's delivered, you'll spent half the time just staring at it and not being productive, lol. It's worth the wait. :)

It's pretty normal time-wise, but does seem to take longer than expected. I ordered mine Jan 3, 2017 and received it July 22, 2017, so you're right around the same time frame as mine was at. Just wait till it's delivered, you'll spent half the time just staring at it and not being productive, lol. It's worth the wait. :)
Thank you Del for the "warm and fuzzy", I needed that.

Staying positive!!

Thank you Del for the "warm and fuzzy", I needed that.

Staying positive!!

Sure thing! Stay positive and attempt to find other things to do to kill time. Once it arrives, you'll probably long for the days of waiting for it to show up due to how many things you'll want to be doing on it. Heck mine is more or less finished, but I still have things I want and will do. It is seemingly never ending, but that's the best part of ownership IMO.

There was a gap in normal production for a period while RCR supported a movie project. I'm not sure it's been made public but my understanding is it's related to a very notable automotive related film set to open near the end of this year. This has likely added to the lead time for most cars until they can catch back up.

There was a gap in normal production for a period while RCR supported a movie project. I'm not sure it's been made public but my understanding is it's related to a very notable automotive related film set to open near the end of this year. This has likely added to the lead time for most cars until they can catch back up.

When I saw the trailer for Ford vs Ferrari I wondered it Fran had any part in the movie cars.

Joel K

Supporter
Not unusual for it to take longer than 20 weeks. I think my delivery was about 30 weeks and I was behind the movie cars. As Del says it is worth the wait. I am really enjoying the build process.

I would suggest as a healthy distraction to work on your build plan and review all the build threads in detail. That’s how I kept my excitement at bay.

Last edited:

Roger Reid

Supporter
I waited longer than Joel did. Keep in mind mine was one of the last rollers which took more time. Waiting is hard. Been there.

Back