Just a fan

Just a quick hello. I'm a regular lurker on the board, purely as there are a lot of knowledgable people here and the threads are very interesting. A GT 40 is but a dream, but you have to have dreams, right? Closest thing I have is mk2 Capri that I've put a 347 ford small block in, quad IDF throttle bodies and distributor less ignition run by an Emerald ECU. it's made of parts from various places, red line Webber throttle bodies, aeromotive fuel system, home brewed linkage etc, so on the engine side, I may be able to contribute, but otherwise, I'll be a very interested bystander for now!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Vernon!
Sounds like a very potent Capri you have there...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi welcome

We like pictures here, post some up of the Capri, it sounds like fun.

Presumably done to look like the Sputh African Peranah cars
Ian

Thanks for your kind words guys. The capri has been a long termer (25 ish years), from full on restoration..only the roof and front scuttle have not been changed externally. I did everything except the paint and ECU mapping myself..although I did cheat a bit when coast high performance built the long block for me as there was very little in it compared to my shopping list pf parts. I did a very rough map that got me out on short tentative journeys before being mapped at Emerald.

Bit of a sleeper, but here it is:

The engine is what Coast high performance call a streetfighter long block, so bore +30" stroked to 347 using probe forged pistons, 1.6 ratio rockers arms and AFR 185 heads. cam is a hydraulic roller profile TFS 51402001 grind. The Throttle bodies are redline webber 48mm IDF's....bought simply because the inlet manifold was cheaper than an IDA version. I initially used an eletromotive trigger wheel and sensor mount, but it was a bit of a disaster. the wheel would not run true and had significantt run out, so I went for a universal wheel from triggerwheels.com, which was much better. I'm using MSD coils, Ford motorsport 30lb injectors and an emerald ECU where I'm running semi sequential...or batch fire...anyways, 2 injectors fire at a time, plus wasted spark ignition.

The rear end is a ford 8.8 with 9 inch bearings, T5 gearbox (the weak link in the drive train). I'm always playing with it. Recently replaced the inlet manifold gaskets after leaks front and back and replaced all the fuel hoses with Teflon lined hoses after my Earls hoses started to be eaten by todays fuels after about 2 years.

Dyno result when it was first built was 371hp, although Dave walker said there was probably more to come as the engine was tight...it had about 100 miles on it tops when mapped. And yes, very lively on the road.

I'm a great believer in driving these cars, so it's been on various trips to the Netherlands and it's longest, an 8 day trip around a few countries in Europe, ending up in Germany, plus lots of outings in the UK.

Last edited:
Back