Just got my SLC... HELP!

I just got my SLC and have been slowly disassembling it and studying the car as well as every video and blog I can find. I have so many questions! I have to decide about whether or not to install an accusump or oil cooler? I don't completely understand the cooling system since I have an NRE Alien Intake (which interferes with the waterneck). I have a dry sump (on a SBC) but don't completely understand the plumbing.
I'm planning on a street car, but also want what's best for the car. Here's a few pictures of the car at this point.

Attachments

• dry sump.JPG
    dry sump.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 272
  • alien 1.JPG
    alien 1.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 285
  • alien 2.JPG
    alien 2.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 272
  • alien 4.JPG
    alien 4.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 281
  • trans 1.JPG
    trans 1.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 275
  • trans 2.JPG
    trans 2.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 298

Joel K

Supporter
Steve, Congrats on starting your build. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I am sure there are others on the forum who can provide some advice on your cooling question. This is an area I don’t have any experience on.

Ron Earp

Admin
Welcome!! Check down in the SLC section of the forum and ask your questions there. I’m sure folks will be happy to help.

Steve, Congrats on starting your build. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I am sure there are others on the forum who can provide some advice on your cooling question. This is an area I don’t have any experience on.
Hi Joel, Thank you! I've enjoyed your videos! I love your process!

Cody F

Supporter
Looking forward to following along! Best of luck, enjoy the process, and always feel free to ask questions. There are a lot of people who are willing to help answer questions, even for people who don't own an SL-C yet, like myself. Can't wait to start my own, so in the meantime i'll just live through you!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Steve. You can really help yourself by editing your profile and adding your location: country, state, city or other equivale as related to your country. This really helps the rest of us to offer help if we know that you are nearby. Sometimes having a look at others work really opens your eyes. It sure has mine over the years.

Cody F

Supporter
Steve. You can really help yourself by editing your profile and adding your location: country, state, city or other equivale as related to your country. This really helps the rest of us to offer help if we know that you are nearby. Sometimes having a look at others work really opens your eyes. It sure has mine over the years.
Howard, I second this. I had the awesome opportunity to visit Crowley and see his SL-C that he has spent 5 years building. Was on vacation and saw that he was nearby, so I sent him a message and he was more than happy to help me out. I learned so much and he was very down to earth and honest about the build which was super helpful. Overall i'm saving around $10,000 on my build sheet because i simply don't need the stuff I thought i did which makes owning mine come so much sooner. The visit was definitely eye opening for sure.

Thank you so much for that great advice! I've reached out to Allan who also lives in Ct. Also Joel, we're meeting up when in August!

Howard, I second this. I had the awesome opportunity to visit Crowley and see his SL-C that he has spent 5 years building. Was on vacation and saw that he was nearby, so I sent him a message and he was more than happy to help me out. I learned so much and he was very down to earth and honest about the build which was super helpful. Overall i'm saving around $10,000 on my build sheet because i simply don't need the stuff I thought i did which makes owning mine come so much sooner. The visit was definitely eye opening for sure.
That's great! I definitely appreciate the help I received on the forum and of course from Allan. WHo is Crowley? Is he in the tri-state area?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Awesome information. Just got my SLC is very helpful. It is very interesting forums.I am sure there are others on the forum who can provide some advice on your cooling question. You can really help yourself by editing your profile and adding your location: country, state, city or other equivale as related to your country. This really helps the rest of us to offer help if we know that you are nearby. Sometimes having a look at others work really opens your eyes. It sure has mine over the years.If they are very informative and helpful post.I will share in this post. Thank you.

You need to modify your user name to your REAL name per the rules here.
Please make this change as soon as possible.
Thank you...

Back