Just ordered a RF GT40 Can't wait

Just ordered a RF GT40 Can\'t wait

Hey all,

I just order a RF GT40 rolling chassis from Gordon Levy (Check is in the Mail). Can't wait for it to arrive. I have added a few upgrades, which are listed below:

AP Brakes
Koni Shocks
Gulf Flares
Single Nostril
Moto Lita Wheel
Fit the floor Panel
Dropped Floor

The engine is already in the works, it is a RDI aluminum 351W stroked to 427 Cubic inches. The heads are Yates pull-offs from a Winston race team (all the good stuff). The crank and rods are billet and a solid roller cam. It also has a Danny Bee belt drive assembly and a cast aluminum dry sump pan. All the aluminum is polished (need sunglasses while looking at it).

The transaxle is going to be 6 Speed Quafe sequential unit. This is going to take a little extra R & D, but no blown transaxles.

Any suggestions from anybody would be greatly appreciated

Re: Just ordered a RF GT40 Can\'t wait

Hi Rich,
Welcome to the family !
It sounds like you know what you
want and going for it too. That
engine is a mighty powerful one.
The trans is probably the best there
is. What type of fuel system are you
going with ? Have you got a color in
mind ?

Hersh
smile.gif

Good God Richard, sounds like quite the setup. It's nice to know all those goodies are going in the right replica. Hope you enjoy you RF as much as I do.
John

Richard, congratulations, now we are waiters. We have not decided on the engine/transmission combination for ours, so any information or advice you can offer is appreciated.

PS What did you feel were the advantage to selecting Konis?

An RF40 with an aluminum 427 and a Quaife 6-speed...that sounds like an outstanding combo!! Good luck. How long did RF tell you it would take to ship?

Jay,

Both Gordon and Robert both suggested in as I plan on doing some racing. They said it handles much better.

Gordon,

Sure, come on over and we will take it out to the track. When it’s done of course.

Mark,

It looks like July/August more or less. Robert is doing some extra stuff for me.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter

Richard

I saw your widened tail section yesterday in the RF workshop, it looks VERY nice! Is RF building your chassis with a roll cage also?

Bill.
grin.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company

Richard,

The rear that Bill is refering to belongs to a customers car that we are building in our factory. The car is to go purly on the race track and has a lot of interesting goodies.

Your car will be programmed into the production line very shortly and waits for the gearbox.

Thank you for the order and I hope you recieve your build manual over the next week.

Best wishes,

Robert

Hi Richard
Great choice! - we use Kinsler & Motec on a Stroked Ally Fontana 302 (now 348)

Just got back from the Isle of Man three hills challenge where it achieved:
1st, 1st, 4th and 2nd in class!

Keep us informed on how you get on.

regards
Paul Thompson
[email protected]
grin.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter

Sorry Robert & Richard
shocked.gif

I should have said "I saw a widened tail section like the one you have ordered", instead of assuming that the one I did see was yours
grin.gif
. My apologies. However, it doesn't change the fact that it looked VERY nice and by the sounds of it you have the engine to go with it.

Congratulations to Richard for your purchase and to Robert for his masterpieces!

Regards

Bill.
cool.gif

Richard, Congratulations with your purchase and welcome to the clan of RF GT40 builders.
There will be times ahead of joy and a few frustrations when things do not go to plan.
I am 3/4 of the way there and just can not wait for that first turn of the ignition to be able to hear that exhaust tone.
I am envious of your powerplant and the assossiated transmission. Will be very interested in the perfomance of your car.

To Robert
Any chance of posting a picture of the flares on the rear clip.

Happy motoring
wink.gif

Glayne

Back