Just something for the old bikers

hey steve, great site!!! This gives me an oppertunity to ask for some help, if you have the time!
My dad has his 72 CB750 k2 (with an 850 kit!) in the shed in bits. I love this bike, and have ridden it a few times, its fantastic! The question is, I would love to build one of those cafe racer kit bikes that you could buy in the seventies, like the seelie [sp] etc, (i cant think of any other names at present). ive found lots of pics, but want to know if anyone still manufactures those bike kits. Do you know of anyone in the states or elsewhere for that matter? It would make a great project. (The other option is restoring it to original!) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

John,
try these sites and the different links. Someone here would know for sure if there is a kit.
Don't be shy these guys love to share what they know.
You can also e-mail Wayne and Son (from my first post) and tell him Steve Budge sent you. He can get you to where you want to go.
He is a character and a lot of fun to talk to.
I am no expert on those old bikes. But some of these sites are full of them.
Good luck.
Steve

http://members.tripod.com/cb750K2/page1.html

http://www.hondachopper.com/

Steve,
Sorry for the lateness of this reply, been away from the computer. Thanks heaps for all your help, I will do as you say!! Thanks again!
John

Ron Earp

Admin
This was my own CB750, did over 25k miles on it up and down and across the country.
CB750.jpg

Ron,

it was a beauty. What great memories to have. We can all use them as we get older.
Here is a picture I did while I was waiting for the paint to dry on this bike. (just for fun).
I am also going to The big Island of Hawaii this coming week and I hope, I get some time to ride.
Of course I will what else am I going to do? I'm going on vacation. It has been a while. Money, work, kids.
You know the routine.
I am really happy I found this site. Like minds and all that.
Steve

Attachments

• 30632-DESIGN2.jpg
    30632-DESIGN2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 279

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hey Ron

I still have my CB750 K2 and it is lots of fun. Below is a pic and you can see some of the mods I've made.

Bill

Attachments

• 30700-my cb750 k2 - 1.jpg
    30700-my cb750 k2 - 1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 302
Back