knottsberry Farm

So. A guy I work with just got back from a family trip. He casually mentioned to me that there was "some kind of car thing down at "the berry farm" (as he called it)," that he thought I would have liked. He said the only one he really remembers is, "some really tiny car with weird doors." Show him a '40 and he said, "yup that's the one." Would have given my left leg to go to that show (do they make an auto that will fit a '40?).
mad.gif

The Knott's Berry Farm Kit Car Show was unbelieveable. Domiinated by Cobras, but the small contingent of GT40's, lead by non other than our Hersh Byrd, really made the show.

Can an automatic be fitted? Don't think so, but Gordon Levy or Robert Logan would know.

Bill D

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
We have fitted an auto into one of our cars. The owner is an engineer and is doing all the torque converter and all I was asked to do was design and build all the mounts, adaptord etc. which we did. The mounting points for the box on the chassis had to be changed and we added these points but also kept the old manual gearbox mounting points.

The customer is retired and is currently doing all the aluminium skinning on the car.

Best wishes,

Robert

I have an auto T44 that was used in J1&J2.
They were considered and tested in the MK-IV as well but never used in a race. Jim Hall used a auto in the Chapparal but it was a weak point.

Back