Kurt H (hoffkm) SL-C build thread

Joel K

Supporter
Amazing progress Kurt. Beautiful work.
Quick question, How does the POR caliper paint hold up to getting brake fluid On them? That is the complaint I read about for those painting calipers vs. powder coating them. Also, where do get the Brembo labels?

Joel,

Thank you for the compliments.

So far on my other two cars with the POR15 caliper paint I have had no issues. On the SLC I did get a little sloppy while bleeding the brakes and the brake fluid did not attack the paint.

I purchased the Brembo decals off of Amazon. They are available in colors other than white as well. I used VHT caliper clear coat to protect the decals.

Joel K

Supporter
Kurt,

Just a heads up. The SLC manual specifically says to mount the bolts facing down for the front lower ball joints and point up in the rears. Not sure it matters, but they do call out the bolt orientation for clearance purposes...
83A9417D-4135-4E8D-A7F6-3E42DE6153AD.jpeg

Good eye Joel. I have not paid any of those items yet. Mark that up to another item the factory assembled backwards. That is why the manual states to verify everything.

Picture from the manual, nuts down:

Capture.JPG

My next task is to dis-assemble the entire suspension, polish and treat all the components, then re-assemble and torque everything correctly.

On the camera mount- Make sure its high enough to see over the rear wing (if you use one) if not, it might be better to locate it in the rear panel as high up as you can place it. I made that mistake and the only thing I could see was the wing when looking through the cam.

On the camera mount- Make sure its high enough to see over the rear wing (if you use one) if not, it might be better to locate it in the rear panel as high up as you can place it. I made that mistake and the only thing I could see was the wing when looking through the cam.
Mesa,

Thank you for the input. I am not running a wing so that will not be an issue for me. I also laid out the field of view for my camera in CAD to verify that it will see over the spoiler for maximum view behind me. Rear view is about the only concern I have for driving this beast!