Kurt H (hoffkm) SL-C build thread

Neil

Supporter
The fan's free air (stand alone) ratings are meaningless numbers that look good for advertising. Any pump or fan (a fan is an air pump) reduces flow as the back pressure increases. Industrial fans have a flow vs pressure graph in their data sheets. Your measurements provide a valuable data point for comparing fan performance.

Mark B.

Supporter
Mark,

I purchased my rear tow eyes from McMaster Carr. They are female threaded lifting eyes that I painted red. They are only available in course threads so I had to change out the pivot fasteners. And yes, tie down points for trailering are what I “plan” to use them for, hopefully nothing else.
Thanks!

Had a request for my throttle pedal cable linkage design so posting it up here for all to share. There is a design for a 3D printed version and one machined from aluminum. All the required bronze bushings, fasteners, cable, etc. are spec'ed out on the BOM of the assembly prints for each version.
Thank you Kurt,

This is the last piece I need to finish my throttle assembly.

Once again life has gotten "in the way" of progress on the SLC. Trying to commit one night a week to working on it again soon.

In the meantime, my brother and I built a paint booth in my shop using professional quality fans (11,000 CFM total) and paint booth filters so that I can paint his son's truck. Took a couple of days off work to get it painted. Finished the jambs, back of cab, and front of bed this morning. Paint booth works exceptionally well. When it comes time to paint the SLC I will be ready.

Filter box with two 5,500 CFM TEFC motor fans

2022-08-07 15.42.40.jpg

divider wall with intake filters folds up to ceiling when not in use

2022-08-18 15.33.30.jpg

2022-08-19 15.48.54.jpg

2022-08-20 09.53.44.jpg

The airlfow is perfect, filtration is good (sucks the overspray out right away, even the clearcoat, but does not blow it outside), but I do need to add some additional lighting before I paint the SLC. I can see but not as well as I would like.

Mark,

I purchased my rear tow eyes from McMaster Carr. They are female threaded lifting eyes that I painted red. They are only available in course threads so I had to change out the pivot fasteners. And yes, tie down points for trailering are what I “plan” to use them for, hopefully nothing else.
That was a nice add on

Had a request for my throttle pedal cable linkage design so posting it up here for all to share. There is a design for a 3D printed version and one machined from aluminum. All the required bronze bushings, fasteners, cable, etc. are spec'ed out on the BOM of the assembly prints for each version.
Thank you Kurt,

I machined the linkage today from 6061-T6 and it turned out really nice.

Attachments

Thank you Kurt,

I machined the linkage today from 6061-T6 and it turned out really nice.
Stephan,

Glad the design worked out for you. The pieces turned out beautiful, excellent work on your part! Where did you get your throttle cable? I like the termination on yours better than what I did for mine.

Stephan,

Glad the design worked out for you. The pieces turned out beautiful, excellent work on your part! Where did you get your throttle cable? I like the termination on yours better than what I did for mine.
Hello Kurt,

Here is the part number for the throttle cable.

Part # 491TC1000HT96
Lokar TC-1000HT96 Hi-Tech Throttle Cable Kit, 96 Inch, Stainless