Kustom Metal Werks and Exhausts

Ron Earp

Admin
John Hester called me from GT Supercars and he has generously offered to help me out of my exhaust pipe jam. He has agreed to get some collectors made for me whenever I figure out what has to be changed on Georges mess. John, thanks a lot you are a stand up guy and I'd recommend anyone do business with John. I hope the GT Supercars product does well upon launch!

Now, if I can get the other bits and pieces of the car that I'm owed I'll be in good enough shape to fit the spider and get on with the build...

Ron

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Ron,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and you're right, John Hester is a stand up guy.

Just to set the record straight for the forum, GT Supercars is in no way associated with, or does business with George Cochran or Kustom Metal Werks. Yes, John did work on a project with George last Summer but it has ended. The GT Supercars monocoque chassis is done in house along with just about everything else. We have just finished moving into our shop, hired very skilled help, and will begin taking orders in earnest in January. The automotive/fabrication/racing resources in Columbus,OH are astonishing and we are very excited about the future.

Our web site www.gtsupercars.com has been remodeled and will be getting new picture updates very soon.

Although I am reluctant to send my money to him, I do really like the design of George's pipes. I find the tube design (front tube hugging head all the way back, tight grouping of pipes...) to appear well thought-out and very much in place when mounted. Anyone have a line on a place doing comparable work? Obviously, a photo speaks for itself.
Scott

Ron Earp

Admin
Save your money, buy a wire feed welder, get a grinder, call Summitt and order $150 worth of mandral bends, get some 1/4 inch steel and make them yourself.

1) You'll actually get them
2) You'll get them correct
3) You'll have a lot less problems
4) You'll learn something and have a trade

I wish I'd done that, I'd be a lot better off. It ain't hard at all. It is just a matter of time. I incorrectly assumed I'd save time and trouble with George.

Ron

[ November 21, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I hope that after reading the posts on this part of the Forum, no one is surprised if they do business with KMW and have an expensive and unpleasant experience. The strength of forums such as this is the ability to rapidly share information, both good and bad. From what I can tell, if you order from George and you get disappointed, it won't be for lack of warning. Someone who has accumulated this much bad press is someone to be avoided. Surely someone else can make and exhaust system that looks and works just as well.

Giacomo6 offered complete GT40 exhaust systems a while back. I seem to remember seeing photos on the Forum. They looked very nice! Those interested should contact him.
Search exhaust, and you should be able to get his e-mail address.

G

[email protected]

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

Does anyone have a digital photo of the ones that appeared in the GTD club magazine a couple of issues ago? It may have been an article by F CATT. They were unusual in their layout (smooth "swoopy" bends, etc.). At the time I wondered who made them and if they would make more, etc.

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CCX33911:
Does anyone have a digital photo of the ones that appeared in the GTD club magazine a couple of issues ago? It may have been an article by F CATT. They were unusual in their layout (smooth "swoopy" bends, etc.). At the time I wondered who made them and if they would make more, etc.

Gary
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Gary -
I think this is the picture you are referring to:

LowerGearboxRobin.JPG

Franks design and mfr I believe.

regards

Regarding KMW...just got as letter from the Idaho Consumer Protection Office.

It states that they have been unable to " negotiate a voluntary settlement "
between KMW and the consumers who filed complaints with their office.

They have clasified these complaints as " unresolved " and suggest the plaintifs consult
an attorney regarding legal options.

So if you intend to open a scam operation, it sounds like Idaho is a pretty good place.

MikeD

Ron Earp

Admin
Boy, this is an old thread! I never did get the things I was promised from KMW. Still sitting by the door waiting for those collectors to show up.....

the guy was kind of odd. I wanted a 2 inch stainless roll bar for a cobra I was building and gave the guy a call one evening and he said he could put one together no problem,6 days later a beautiful roll bar showed up at my house. It seemed as if he would randomly choose projects to complete.

Back