Le Mans Classic 2014

Hi Graham,

You bet I will visit you at Le Mans as I am a big fan of the 917K 'after" my GT off course...
I have a friend who ows a 917 in Belgium and he races ones in a while.
He was the one who told me where any front accident is rather a syndrome for the legs ...

CU in Le Mans !
Fred

Yes, that is a great picture because it also captures the 908 camera car going past.

Myown cine film shows that car on the embankment where they left it for the duration of the race.
If my memory serves me right it was chassis 026 and David Hobbs and Mike Hailwood driving. I think it was Hailwood who had the coming together with an Alfa-Romeo at least fifty laps into the race.

It was on the long sweeping curve that rose up to the Dunlop bridge, sadly the bend now gone as they introduced the chicane to slow things up. When the rain came down for a lot of the race, it caught several cars out as it was such a fast curve. It was a glorious part to view and hear the cars as they could power all the way up the pit straight and around this curve, up and under the Dunlop bridge and straight down to the left-right esses.

Fabulous ....... the sight and sound are still in my mind to this day. Todays circuit is so very different, and,
as you can see in that picture, spectator viewing.

Hi John,

Mr Gaye is owner of the beautifull 917 in the psycadelic colors (Green/Blue/White).(I do not know him personally but met him). He raced the car last time at the Le Mans Classic after a full restoration.The car is now at the Porche historical event at Autoworld in Brussels. Worthwhile the visit if you arre arround and a Porche fan.

But there is another one in Gulf colors too that is once in a while raced by a friend.

Rgds
Fred

Oops,

sorry I forgot to attach picture. I,ve added another one of Brian Redman and I discussing the vunerability of the 917 following my shunt, and his off that he had the same day in another car.

Attachments

• IMG_2939.jpg
    IMG_2939.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_2917.jpg
    IMG_2917.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 376
What have the last 18 posts got to do with the Le Mans Classic 2014????

Yes you are may be right about this ! BUT BUT BUT

iIt was also so nice and interesting to read Mrs Graham experience and watch some rare pics of his excellent replica !
He is one rare man having built aclose 917 replica ( beside the 6 cyl engine) and to use her so often and so nicely with result !

this hijack was so pleasant to read

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I plan to be there this year. The last time I was there was in 2006. I can't wait and hope to meet some of you.

I just got a mail from Peter Auto.
I see that I can also purchase the entry tickets and also the car access for the happy few collectors enclosure and tracklaps etc.
So we don't need onsite-events! You can also order your tickets from Peter Auto.

Peterauto

entry form

I nearly missed the apex in the last chicane in the dark, co-pilot Jan shouted at me to turn left, which I did blindly, and she was right!
Tony.

If anyone is interested I have one double/twin bedroom remaining on a B&B basis at Chateau de la Roche Talbot for the Le Mans Classic weekend 3rd to 7th July that I can offer to GT40.COM and GT40 Enthusiasts members at a very special price.
If you are interested email me at [email protected]

Bill

Hi all, next friday stars Le Mans Classic 2014, there's an app for your smartphone to know all around the event. In my case is the first LMC i am very excited to be there, I have two times Parade laps, on friday and saturday.
Thursday morning start the long trip to Arnage, 1050 Km carrying a trailer with my Gt40, I hope be there at 17h, taking care with the trafic cameras.....
see you on the GT40 enthusiasts area !!!

Hello mates
For those in need for a very reasonable price "bed and breakfest "in Lemans this week I can provive relatives infos ( mail and tel ) they still have 2 rooms for accomodation ; they are only 5 mn drive to the circuit !! ( nearer is quite impossible )
They are young very gentle people used to receive UK le mans car fans and giving nice breakfeast every morning

In case just PM me ; I will provide datas to contact directly

Hello
Very sad weather for this week end so Track Laps have been on the wet !!!
I was there on thirsday , very sunny and all members arriving , crowdy on the park so traffic jam have done one "killed" engine!!
One of our mate ( can't remember his name !) was sitting on the grass close to his GT40 waiting for the engine to cool down after suffering an hard vaporlock issue !!!
as for this time Iwas only avisitor no way to help him with some racing workshop facility !!

For those who want to follow the race week end just click on Youtube ' Peter auto channel" there is an live retransmission

What?
No pictures yet?
How did the track laps go?

Ian

Hi Ian,
Just got back from LMC late last night due to the Tunnel problems :sad::sad:

However the weekend was GREAT despite the weather on the Sat/Sun.
The Friday track laps started at 9.35 in the light and we let the La Ferrari go out ahead of us! His female passenger may have had a hissy fit had they not!
Mainly Porkers out with us and reasonably behaved.
Managed a complete session in the light, dry and apart from on or two who managed to not "keep it on the grey stuff" all was good.
We had 12 Club Members on track.
Ian took his M3 out and was well made up :thumbsup:
Ege was entertained by his son taking the driving seat and I was very pleased with James who did not collect me as I was avoiding a spinner at the Dunlop chicane, thanks James.
Sadly Chris Cole did not make it due to a faulty trailer but all other participants seemed very happy with the lappery.
Even Dick was chuffed that I let him by just after Mulsane corner so that he could TRY to catch up with a couple of European member's 40s :laugh:

When feet have touched the ground will advise more but must concentrate on family now, 2nd Grandson arrived just after the track laps so need to catch up on the "domestic front" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back