Legalities

I'm in the process of creating my own GT40 from drawings compiled by myself through solidworks through the guidance of different blueprints around the net, this includes the body, suspension and chassis. This won't be 100% spec to the current GT40s around the world but will have a similar look, similar chassis and the suspension dimensions will be a bit different. My question is whether I am allowed to manufacture my own GT40? And if all goes well will it be possible to sell to whomever is interested? What are the legalities?

Charlie M

Supporter
A lot depends on where you are. Here in the US the process varies from state to state. If you post your location I'm sure there's a local that can help you out.

Good luck,
Charlie

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Here in the USA, you can reverse engineer, build, replicate pretty much anything you want regardless of patent or copyright - just as long as it is for your own personal use and not to be sold. Now getting other people to accept it as what it replicates is a whole different subject. Motor vehicle laws and registration vary from state to state..

Here in the USA, you can reverse engineer, build, replicate pretty much anything you want regardless of patent or copyright - just as long as it is for your own personal use and not to be sold. Now getting other people to accept it as what it replicates is a whole different subject. Motor vehicle laws and registration vary from state to state..
Thank you for your reply - appreciate it. Hoping to find something with clear stipulations for South Africa.

Back